Monday November 1

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high . . . Join us all month long as we post Challenges based on the lyrics from Judy Garland's Signature Song - Over the Rainbow.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Monday November 1

Post by sthom97093 »

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high . . . Join us all month long as we post Challenges based on the lyrics from Judy Garland's Signature Song - Over the Rainbow. All challenges will focus on a word or phrase from the song, with a additional element required.

When I think of the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," my mind goes straight to the Wizard of Oz and the scene where Dorothy belted out the song after Miss Gulch snatched Toto from her. As a result, I decided to feature a picture of my daughter and her friends a few years ago when each of them dressed like a character from the Wizard of Oz movie. In addition, I used the color green as the primary color in my layout not only as a shout out to the "Emerald City" in the movie, but also because green is the middle color of the rainbow. My challenge to use for today's project is to incorporate green in some way on your project. In addition, since today is Monday, I additionally challenge you to use the sketch created by the talented Kim Keane found below as a guide. I can't wait to see what you all create!

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Monday November 1

Post by Tamara »

I love that you had pictures of Wizard of Oz costumes. We grew up watching Wizard of Oz every Thanksgiving when it came on TV. I could never get my kids to like it. I do have a vhs tape of one unopened hoping to sell it. Haha oh what a fun challenge!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Stephanie Love your page. and fun challenge
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

ImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Ural wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:07 pm Image
I love this! And fun fact...my daughter is a "Ravenclaw" too! Just got her the CUTEST face masks for Christmas at Vera Bradley. :)
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:14 pm I love that you had pictures of Wizard of Oz costumes. We grew up watching Wizard of Oz every Thanksgiving when it came on TV. I could never get my kids to like it. I do have a vhs tape of one unopened hoping to sell it. Haha oh what a fun challenge!
I think my girls prefer Wicked to The Wizard of Oz. They also loved Oz the Great and Powerful. But this was one of my FAVORITE costumes that my daughter did. FYI she's the Wicked Witch. :)
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

My Moms favorite color was green so I knew I had to do a layout of her. I'm sure this pic is of her before I was born at the cemetary where her mom and dad and sisters are buried.

Last edited by Tamara on Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Ural, Tamara, and Beth great job, ladies