Scrap Question of the Day - 03/10/2023

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Scrap Question of the Day - 03/10/2023

Post by tammyfolk »

Since we have some new members since the last time this was asked many moons ago . . .

What got you started into scrapbooking?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Scrap Question of the Day - 03/10/2023

Post by tammyfolk »

I went to a Creative Memories party hosted by a coworkers neighbor...long before Garrett was born and he's 22 now :shock: I did a few layouts "Creative Memories" style, and loved (still do) their tools, but that's where our relationship ended. I'm an 8.5 x 11 scrapper, and I found Two Peas in a Bucket ....the rest is history.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I started out as a card maker. I had my first SU party during my stay in El Paso. I knew that I could make scrapbook pages with my stamps, but the bug didn't hit me until I went to my first CM class. It was there that I became a scrapbooker. Although I am forever grateful to CM for introducing me to this paper crafting hobby, once I visited Michael's for the first time, that was it.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

It must of been in my blood as a child. I started a scrapbook old school to document all the dates that I went on. Then carried it forward with a CM party and scrapbooking my life from marriage on. It was many, many, many years ago.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I started cutting up pictures and adding comments back in college. When my oldest son was graduating from HS a friend gave him a scrapbook and informed me that what I was doing was called scrapbooking. I just kept doing what I had been doing but added lots more stuff and tools! I guess I realized there were two hobbies in one.....the actual scrapbooking and the collecting of supplies! I'm really good at the second one!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I always had a love of cards. I would spend hours in a Hallmark store looking at all the cards wondering if I could make them myself but didn't have a clue how to start. Then I got laid off and couldn't find another job. I ended up working part time at Michaels and got invited to a card making class. Next came a scrapbooking class and I've never looked back.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

My friend invited me to a CM class and I went. It was fun and then once a month we went to her class and I bought stuff and made scrap pages. That was over 20 years ago.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
scrappy.boymama
Challenge Team

Post by scrappy.boymama »

I get to blame my aunt!!! I was maybe 10 or 11, very active in Girl Scouts. She had just gotten started herself with Creative Memories and shared it with my mom as an idea for us to keep our scouting photos and memorabilia in one nice place! She’s been so supportive of me re-discovering a love for the hobby too, after getting married and especially after my first son was born, I just got so overwhelmed with it all! She never stopped pestering me and we are still going to crops together!! Any time my hubby is like OMG WHY SO MUCH STUFF! I just say, blame my aunt!!!

As far as my rabbit hole (lol) of online scrappy fun, I started on A Cherry on Top and things just spiraled from there. It’s such a great community of crafty inspiration!
- Brandi :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama

ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I started with Creative Memories.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I had the scrapbooks from high school which were made of those terrible pages and then it evolved. I had been a scrapper for many years before I even heard of CM.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”