Scrapping Albums

Tamara
Challenge Team

Scrapping Albums

Post by Tamara »

Just a little food for thought.
I have always scrapbooked my family albums chronologically. As i get older I have come to the realization that I will never catch up. Since I am always 10-12 years behind. I also have a drawer full of layouts with mixed years that sit till I get to them. Today it seems that all the classes out there are encouraging you to scrap all mixed up. But then how do you arrange them in your books?
I have done
individual kids books
School grade books'
Baby books
Wedding books
Crafty friends books
Holiday books
So how do you organize your albums?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Scrapping Albums

Post by Jan Mosier »

I have an album for each person, but I try to add the pages chronologically. If I don't get it exactly right, I'm not too concerned about it as I scrap for myself.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I scrap chronologically. I have made a few albums of a specific event. I am about 6 months behind and then there are about 4 years that I never scrapped so I go back and forth trying to get those done.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I have separate albums for each of the 9 grandkids, Book of Me albums for DH and I, and then each vacation gets it's own album. I do not scrap chronologically, but the albums are in that order. I find it too restricting what I scrap if I have to scrap chronologically. As I finish layouts I put them into 12x12 cardboard organizers standing vertical. As they get a bit full I'll go back and see which albums need to be caught up a bit so I can scrap those photos and get them in the appropriate albums.
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I do an album for each grand from birthday to birthday. I scrap randomly and put them in the correct album when I get around to it. Trips and all else get done when they get done if ever. For me, it's all about the grands.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Jan Mosier wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:24 am I have an album for each person, but I try to add the pages chronologically. If I don't get it exactly right, I'm not too concerned about it as I scrap for myself.
Same. I have albums for Garrett and then for the Grands. I don't scrap chronologically either, but I do try to put them in the albums that way.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Patti wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:14 pm Trips and all else get done when they get done if ever. For me, it's all about the grands.
Exactly.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I usually scrap chronologically (mostly), but have several albums going at once across a couple of years.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I scrap chronologically for the 2 granddaughters and my step daughter. I try to scrap our trips for us but I jump all around and only do the photos I really like.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”