Pattern Papers

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Pattern Papers

Post by Jan Mosier »

How many do you typically use on a layout? I watched a video of Victoria Marie where she dissected an entire paper pad and created 10 kits using 3 patterned papers, of course her papers were double sided. If your papers only had a pattern on one side, how many would you add to a kit?

Here's a link to her Youtube channel if interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATqUgVnfg40
Last edited by Jan Mosier on Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Pattern Papers

Post by Tamara »

I use at least two or three
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

It really varies on the amount of papers in a pad or kit. I woukld say no less than two and nor more than six as an average.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

I spent a couple of days trying to make my way through that three hour video. I have to admit I was pretty impressed. Wish I had the ability to scrap like her. . . so many times I sit down to scrap and I feel like I've totally forgotten how to do it, and get sidetracked by something else. . .

But to answer your question - typically three, sometimes four (as in scraps, etc)
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I use as much as I can! I hardly ever start a page using cardstock. I wish I could kill a kit once in a while. I finished a kit a while back but I loved the paper so much that I got another one. The same thing with paper pads. I've also bought 2 kits before, one to use and one just to have because it's so pretty. Is this normal? :? :shock: 8-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

tammyfolk wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:23 pm I spent a couple of days trying to make my way through that three hour video. I have to admit I was pretty impressed. Wish I had the ability to scrap like her. . . so many times I sit down to scrap and I feel like I've totally forgotten how to do it, and get sidetracked by something else. . .

But to answer your question - typically three, sometimes four (as in scraps, etc)
Tammy, I totally understand what you are saying. Like Victoria, I started making kits years ago when I wouold go to crops at my local SS and the habit has stuck. It takes time...days in fact, but so worth it in the end. I recently went through and created a bunch more for a crop I am going to at the end of Oct. I didn't wartch the video so I can't compare Victoria's method with mine but I start with themes. If I am doing school, I gather up al the school pics I have and start kitting with them. I even go so far as to precut my papers for the LO, create a title, and gather all the embellies. I purchase the 12 x 12 plastic bags in bulk so I can place the pictures, my papers, a sketch, alphas or title, and embellies all in the bag and put it in my kit bin.These days my time is more limited so spending a couple iof days doing this allows me to grab and create without having to think the process through when I go to scrap and as a result stay more focused. The other advantage is that it clears out a lot of papers I know that I will not use. I recently found a source to give them to so they are not going unused. Just a method I use and as you may know I have this super organizing gene in me! :lol:
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti, my plan is to do the same, add photos when possible, embellishments and sketches to my kits to make it easier when I got to use them. Unfortunately, the shipping has been delayed on my bags until the end of next week. :(
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”