IKEA

Lolis
Challenge Team

IKEA

Post by Lolis »

My scrapbooking room is getting a makeover! I'm going to an IKEA store near me. It will be an overnight trip to San Antonio. Please give me your recommendations on the pieces I might need. I'm thinking Alex drawers and a 5x5 Kallax unit with some inserts. I already have some white drawers and cubes from Michael's , so I'm getting everything in white. The room measures 12x10. What I already have will stay on the right side of the room.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: IKEA

Post by Tracy F »

Lolis wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:38 pm My scrapbooking room is getting a makeover! I'm going to an IKEA store near me. It will be an overnight trip to San Antonio. Please give me your recommendations on the pieces I might need. I'm thinking Alex drawers and a 5x5 Kallax unit with some inserts. I already have some white drawers and cubes from Michael's , so I'm getting everything in white. The room measures 12x10. What I already have will stay on the right side of the room.
I have the 5x5 Kallax and a 3x5 kallax stacked on top. I bought some inserts but ended up returning them....they took up too much room in the squares. I love them and they were so easy to put together.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Congratulations!! I have the Alex drawers in 3 sizes. I have two of the shortest which are on castors and have 6 drawers each. I keep all my cardstock and alphas in these drawers by color. The two of them side by side hold my computer, monitor, wide format printer, and scanner. You could easily put a kalax unit on top of them. Next, I have 2 of the tall Alex 9 drawer units that hold tools, adhesive, ink, stamps, adhesive, etc. In my old room, I put the tall ones on each end with the shorter ones in between with a kalax bridging from the two tall ones and all of my pattern paper in verticle files sitting on top. The desk height ones were used to anchor my desktop. These units are now in a closet housing various other supplies like sewing and cross stitch. I recently added the Alex desk which has been wonderful! In my room in WI, I also had Paxton wardrobe cabinets that had pull-out shelves for my printer and cameo and lots of storage boxes. They are now being used in our garage. You cannot go wrong with the Alex drawers--so many ways to arrange them. At one time I pulled the castors off the short ones and stacked them. I have used the desk ones as inserts in pantry cabinets. One of the cheapo things I buy at IKEA is the small silverware drawer insert. In the desk & 9 drawer height Alex cabinets they fit sideways on the drawers and act as a sliding insert so you get an additional storage level. I think they are around $1.00 They work great for sorting tools, scissors, adhesives, pens, etc.

Have fun!!!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have no Ikea items. I am not sure that I have even been to an Ikea store ;)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

The only things I have from Ikea are a table that my computer sits on (along with office clutter) It's a six foot one and then a book shelf that I turned horizontal for the bottom of my hutch. I haven't been to ikea for a while. I may just have to go there to check out these drawers you speak of.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Thank you for all your responses and suggestions I’m very excited and looking forward to the trip tomorrow!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

They have great stuff that holds up well….Can’t wait to see what you get.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Wow! IKEA was an amazing experience! The store is beautiful! It has the feel of an amusement park!🎡 They even have a snack bar and a restaurant!
We could hear people ohhing and awwwing through out the store 🙂🙂🙂
They had so many beautiful displays, unfortunately not everything was available 😔
I got the 5x5 Kallax with lots of inserts. They had the Alex drawers, but I liked other pieces better. They were not available until later this month. I’m just going to wait. For the Kallax plus 15 inserts we paid a little over $400. Not bad at all. It’s a start. On our way home now!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Lolis wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:56 pm Wow! IKEA was an amazing experience! The store is beautiful! It has the feel of an amusement park!🎡 They even have a snack bar and a restaurant!
We could hear people ohhing and awwwing through out the store 🙂🙂🙂
They had so many beautiful displays, unfortunately not everything was available 😔
I got the 5x5 Kallax with lots of inserts. They had the Alex drawers, but I liked other pieces better. They were not available until later this month. I’m just going to wait. For the Kallax plus 15 inserts we paid a little over $400. Not bad at all. It’s a start. On our way home now!
Great that you found something and had a wonderful time! Was this IKEA a multi-level with the cart escalators?
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Patti wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:31 pm
Great that you found something and had a wonderful time! Was this IKEA a multi-level with the cart escalators?
Oh my goodness! There’s other IKEAs with more amenities? The one we visited was all in one level.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”