Happiness comes with scrapbook albums

Tamara
Challenge Team

Happiness comes with scrapbook albums

Post by Tamara »

I was so excited when my Daughter in law ask me yesterday if I could get her a picture of my son on his birthday every year that he live at home. Of course I can, I just have to grab the albums :D :D :D This particular son is always teasing me that you don't need scrapbooks, just do a digital book. i can't wait to see what he thinks when he sees the book his wife is making him of every birthday. He turns 40 next week. So grateful my albums were helpful for the first twenty years!!

How has your scrapbooking helped you in a different way?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mauds papercraft
Challenge Team

Re: Happiness comes with scrapbook albums

Post by Mauds papercraft »

We gave my husband sister one when she was in her finally stages of Alzheimer. The nursing staff told us it lighten up her life each time it was brought out. She remember who was in the photos and tell such vivid stories of those in the photos. Her house before she moved into care, she loved to tell stories about how they discovered an old bakers oven in the wall and cobblestones found in the bathroom (the house was built in the 1800"s . when the scrapbooks came out it was the only time she would talk to be able to be understood, the rest of the time you could not understand her. I had made 4 books for her . It was such a pleasure to see her with those books
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Mauds papercraft wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:44 pm We gave my husband sister one when she was in her finally stages of Alzheimer. The nursing staff told us it lighten up her life each time it was brought out. She remember who was in the photos and tell such vivid stories of those in the photos. Her house before she moved into care, she loved to tell stories about how they discovered an old bakers oven in the wall and cobblestones found in the bathroom (the house was built in the 1800"s . when the scrapbooks came out it was the only time she would talk to be able to be understood, the rest of the time you could not understand her. I had made 4 books for her . It was such a pleasure to see her with those books
Oh my gosh! How precious is that! That just melts my heart
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Mauds papercraft wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:44 pm We gave my husband sister one when she was in her finally stages of Alzheimer. The nursing staff told us it lighten up her life each time it was brought out. She remember who was in the photos and tell such vivid stories of those in the photos. Her house before she moved into care, she loved to tell stories about how they discovered an old bakers oven in the wall and cobblestones found in the bathroom (the house was built in the 1800"s . when the scrapbooks came out it was the only time she would talk to be able to be understood, the rest of the time you could not understand her. I had made 4 books for her . It was such a pleasure to see her with those books
ah, what a way to preserve her memories and bring life to her and her family
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I love going back and looking at all the albums I have made. I scrap mostly chronological so there are pages and pages of what the kids did until they graduated from high school. Now they are 23 and 25 so I have fewer photos to scrap. So I am going back and scrapping photos I never got to. I am making a small album now for my niece who was married this past September.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”