Tipping at Online stores???

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Tipping at Online stores???

Post by Tracy F »

This is new to me and I wondered if anyone else had run into this. My Favorite Things is now letting you tip their warehouse workers during your online checkout.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I agree that their workers are great and their orders are usually shipped same day or next day and packaged beautifully with a jelly belly in each order and a little signed note from the packer. Apparently a lot of their customers have asked what they could do to show the workers their appreciation. So now you can tip them. They use Shopify for their website and Shopify has started offering this. I wonder how many other online stores will start this.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Tipping at Online stores???

Post by Tamara »

I'm not really a fan of that! Tipping should always be an option if the job was well done. What if you tip and then have problems getting your order in a timely manner. Personally I think the company should be recognizing the employees. I. E. bring in pizza once a month. Let them choose a item for them from the product offered, etc. I guess I am just spoiled living by so many stores that it is just a smile and a thank you, have a nice day to the cashier.
JMHO :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Personally, I feel I’m paying for shipping and handling already. If shipping is free, maybe I would be inclined to tip.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

No, I haven’t run into this. I feel conflicted about it; if someone goes above and beyond their duty, but for just doing their job, I’m not sure I would.
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I've never heard of this! I agree with Tamara that the company should be recognizing their employees.
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I wonder if it's covid related. Maybe the employees hours have been cut back and tipping is extra income to make up for the lost hours.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have not seen this
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I haven't seen this either but I agree with Tamara. Good employees should be recognized but tipping isn't necessarily how I would choose to do that... I'd send a nice handmade card MAYBE with a gift card if they'd gone above and beyond but that's it!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Jan Mosier wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 pm I wonder if it's covid related. Maybe the employees hours have been cut back and tipping is extra income to make up for the lost hours.
From what I read as an explanation by MFT, I don't think it's related to Covid. What bothers me is that Shopify offers this to the companies that use them for their e-commerce so I'm thinking we'll be seeing more companies doing this.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tracy F wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:14 pm
Jan Mosier wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:12 pm I wonder if it's covid related. Maybe the employees hours have been cut back and tipping is extra income to make up for the lost hours.
From what I read as an explanation by MFT, I don't think it's related to Covid. What bothers me is that Shopify offers this to the companies that use them for their e-commerce so I'm thinking we'll be seeing more companies doing this.
I may tip my hairdresser or waitress but I will not be tipping to shop online. I don't tip when I shop in stores so why tip when I shop online. I noticed when we order carry out pizza here on the east coast, the credit card machine asks for a tip......I don't tip there either. I feel like if I'm choosing their restaurant or store over another, my business is my tip. Like Tamara, I feel like the company should reward their employees, not the consumers. We are giving them our business.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”