Creating Shadow Text

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Creating Shadow Text

Post by Tracy F »

Does anyone know how to create shadow text like this with their Cricut?

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Creating Shadow Text

Post by Jan Mosier »

Sorry, no help here. I don't have a Cricut nor do I know how to do it with my Cameo but I would love to learn. I will try googling it.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tracy F wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am Does anyone know how to create shadow text like this with their Cricut?

What type of Cricut do you have?
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Jan Mosier wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:08 pm
Tracy F wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am Does anyone know how to create shadow text like this with their Cricut?

What type of Cricut do you have?
I have the Explore.
Thanks for the link. I read on FB that you can use inkscape. Some people said it's hard to do and some think it's easy. This video seems pretty easy. I'll have to give it a try.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Do you have an offset feature? I have a Cameo so this is how I do it. I do my text then I highlight it with the offset feature which will give 2 options...offset or internal offset. it will also allow me to select a distance. Super simple on the Cameo.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Patti wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:51 pm Do you have an offset feature? I have a Cameo so this is how I do it. I do my text then I highlight it with the offset feature which will give 2 options...offset or internal offset. it will also allow me to select a distance. Super simple on the Cameo.
I don't have an offset feature that I know of. I'm pretty sure Cricut doesn't have one, at least on the Explore, since I've seen a lot of people say they use Inkscape.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Tracy F wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am
Patti wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:51 pm Do you have an offset feature? I have a Cameo so this is how I do it. I do my text then I highlight it with the offset feature which will give 2 options...offset or internal offset. it will also allow me to select a distance. Super simple on the Cameo.
I don't have an offset feature that I know of. I'm pretty sure Cricut doesn't have one, at least on the Explore, since I've seen a lot of people say they use Inkscape.
Does Cricut allow you to change your line thickness in the design window? Can you change the line thickness and then do a trace feature of just the outside that would give you an offset?
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”