Washi Tape...

sthom97093
Challenge Team

Washi Tape...

Post by sthom97093 »

I have a scrapbooking question. I've been doing this hobby for years, and I can't figure out how to use Washi Tape on projects. I have recently purchased a few kits from Peachy Cheap that included Washi Tape. I hate to not use it. My daughter ends up taking it and uses it to apply eye make up! (She uses it as a border...I don't know! I blame TikTok!). But I would love to hear your tips on how to use this particular product.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Washi Tape...

Post by Tamara »

The card that I made yesterday had two strips of washi top and bottom....the unicorns.
You can use it on the bottom, or top of your layout as a border. I use it all the time by breaking or tearing the end to give it a different look. You can use it just like you would strips of paper and stack different designs. You can use it for the base of a card and layer four or five lines across then add embellishments and a sentiment. check out the SOTD today...she used washi strips behind her photo. Once you start, it becomes a habit and it will be easier for you!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

I sometimes find it hard to use too. I've used a strip here and there and I've also used it as a background which is a great way to use up alot of it.
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

Other than borders or as a background like the SOTD page, I really don't use it much....but I sure have a lot of it! lol
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I use it like I would paper strips.
You can also create unique backgrounds for cards.
I also use it to tape down dies before running them through my Cuttlebug or Sizzix to keep them from shifting. I use it to hold paper to my Silhouette mat.
If I use eyelets or brads on a page I use washi on the back side so that the pages go in my album a little easier.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

The other thing I’ve seen is do several strips and punch out shapes

As the others have stated I’ve used like they have
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I use mine as accents or borders on LOs. I will double it up if it is too transparent. The # one thing I use it for...because there is so much on a roll...is as a transfer tape for my vinyl cuts. Like Jan, I also use it to hold things in place. Great to line up alphas.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”