Maintenance Spending vs Fun Spending

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Maintenance Spending vs Fun Spending

Post by tammyfolk »

I was just thinking about spending money on this hobby, and how much is maintenance spending, on basics like albums, page protectors, adhesive, cardstock... Things that are difficult to scrap without.

They are almost not even enjoyable purchases.

Then there's fun spending. Pattern paper, embellishments, dies, stamps. All the things that give the hobby life.

Do you spend more on the basics or on fun stuff?

Thoughts about maintenance spending vs fun spending?
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Maintenance Spending vs Fun Spending

Post by Tamara »

Definitely more on the fun stuff! Especially when I am listening to a retreat that has a sale with all these fun things three and four times a day for three days. And I wrote down things that I’m interested in now tomorrow I have to sit down and write exactly what it is I really need. 😂😂😂

And since all my scrapbooks are Creative Memories books that is something that I have to constantly be purchasing including pages and page protectors,
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Definitely more money on the fun things! I just got several orders this week, mostly all patterned papers, kits, and some embellishments. :D
ImageImageImageImage
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I have no problem at all dropping big money of the fun stuff. But when it comes to albums, page protectors, adhesive - I cringe at the prices and I will put it off as long as I can..lol.
I have so much trouble justifying $$$ on maintenance stuff. And the packages of fun stuff just keep coming...
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

The fun of course but even that has pretty much stopped. I have tons of page protectors and empty albums to keep me going for a while. Adhesive seems to be the biggest purchase these days. Even TM has slowed down my dropping $ since they started packaging the products. I have so much stuff that I can scrap the rest of my life without having to buy fun stuff again. I am being much more selective on the fun stuff.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I definitely spend more on the fun stuff, but with essentials (albums, page protectors, adhesive), I try to get these items on sale at the Hobby Lobby (I use the 3 ring binder scrapbooks/page protectors) and those items are often on sale. Got a set of page protectors for $5 yesterday. Adhesive I get at Michael's and use any coupon they have on their app to get that. Also my teacher discount which is nice as well.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I definitely spend more on the fun stuff too. It kills me to pay the prices for the essentials but I also always wait for a sale or use coupons. Hobby Lobby has great sales on albums and page protectors. And I just got 12 roles of ATG adhesive for $17.00 including shipping from a friend so I'm set with that for a while now.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Hands down it's much more fun to spend money on the fun stuff than it is for the maintenance stuff. Although, I don't really spend a lot of money on fun stuff because I have so much of it already and I want to use what I have first.

Like Stephanie, I pick up most of the maintenance stuff (albums, adhesive and page protectors) from HL when they're on sale. My cardstock, I purchase from Amazon.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

The fun stuff is where most of my money goes; I do like buying some albums, tho. They are not always maintenance items :) I’ve tried to slack off even on buying the fun items as I have so much stuff

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”