ATG Guns

Tracy F
Challenge Team

ATG Guns

Post by Tracy F »

I have one of the pink ATG Guns that's at least 12 years old. For some reason I'm starting to have problems with it. Sometimes the trigger gets stuck. And the spool without the glue stops winding and then everything comes off the rollers. I'm hoping it's just a bad roll of tape since the problems didn't start til I put in the new tape. Has anyone else had similar problems?
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: ATG Guns

Post by Jan Mosier »

I haven't experienced any problems with mine yet. Mine probably doesn't get the work out yours does though. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Yes I have that happen on occasion. Try cleaning the sticky glue off of the spindle before you put on a new roll. I have also had to change the direction of the tape on a few rolls and start it again. It is random and sorry but annoying. I have also had issues with my mono adhesive. I had to buy two new ones and I need to throw away the others. They are obnoxious and probably 20 years old. Time for fresh! haha
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Good lunch with your ATG gun - I haven’t had that problem with mine either, but not sure how much I use mine to yours either
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Tamara wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:29 pm Yes I have that happen on occasion. Try cleaning the sticky glue off of the spindle before you put on a new roll. I have also had to change the direction of the tape on a few rolls and start it again. It is random and sorry but annoying. I have also had issues with my mono adhesive. I had to buy two new ones and I need to throw away the others. They are obnoxious and probably 20 years old. Time for fresh! haha
Ditto to what Tamara was saying. Clean off the sticky. I've learned to rewind the tape quite well over the years.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I agree with Tamara and Patti. But I've also had trouble with ordering refills and them being twisted midway through the tape and other issues. Get rid of the sticky stuff and make sure there's nothing caught in your trigger handle. Good luck!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Thanks ladies! I'll try your suggestions!

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”