Do you scrapbook with the seasons?

Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Do you scrapbook with the seasons?

Post by Kiki Halbert »

I don't scrap chronologically so I'm all over the place when it comes to scrapbooking. I'll be scrapbooking a pic of a vacation last winter, then a random picture of my dog, then a childhood photo, you get the picture. But for some reason I do seem to scrapbook with the seasons. Like I only want to scrapbook Summer photos during the summer, snowy photos in Winter, etc. Perhaps that's because of all the new collections that come out according to their season. But I'd like to slowly transition to somewhat chronological, in terms of starting with the Fall pictures from last year, and working my way backwards to catch up on layouts I should have done. Do you have any advice for avoiding overwhelm in this case?
GinniG
Station Chef

Re: Do you scrapbook with the seasons?

Post by GinniG »

Not much help here as I jump all over too. I usually do my Christmas/winter layouts in the colder weather times when I listen to the carols on the radio or whatever. But now with all the ways to listen to music you can listen to the carols anytime of the year.

I think what I might suggest is starting with a subject or a person or something like that and do that until you're done. Right before we moved up here I knew that I only had about another album to be completely caught up on my granddaughter's albums. So that was one project I wanted to finish before we came up here. I couldn't give her any of her albums while she lived with her mom because Mom would throw EVERYTHING out when she'd get mad at Molly. So I kept all of her albums. She's lived with her dad up here for several years and is doing much better so for Christmas that year I gave Molly a big box full of albums from her birth to the current date. She was so happy! Maybe that's an idea to start with? Hope this helps!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I scrap by years. Right now I'm working on 2017 and I jump around the seasons working on whatever I feel like. Sometimes the challenges help me decide what to work on. I don't know if that helps you but it works for me since I get bored working on the same type of photos.
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

I'm no help since lately I have hardly any pictures to scrap. I usually just scrap whatever I'm feeling at the moment.
--Danielle--
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

nope. I as the mood hits but if I am scrapping beach pictures I might do them all at once of the different years when I have the papers and embellishments out and it could be in the middle of winter.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Patti that sounds smart! Once you have hunted down what matches why not do them all!!
I am a chronological girl so I scrap seasons all year anytime. At least the scrapbook stores carry the product all the time so I don't have to put pages on hold or in time out! :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I scrap chronological so I scrap whatever is next in my set of photos.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I scrap chronoligically so whatever I am working on at the moment. Right now I am working on December Daily album
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I jump around.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Kiki Halbert wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:44 pm I don't scrap chronologically so I'm all over the place when it comes to scrapbooking. I'll be scrapbooking a pic of a vacation last winter, then a random picture of my dog, then a childhood photo, you get the picture. But for some reason I do seem to scrapbook with the seasons. Like I only want to scrapbook Summer photos during the summer, snowy photos in Winter, etc. Perhaps that's because of all the new collections that come out according to their season. But I'd like to slowly transition to somewhat chronological, in terms of starting with the Fall pictures from last year, and working my way backwards to catch up on layouts I should have done. Do you have any advice for avoiding overwhelm in this case?
I'm so glad I found another person out there who scraps like me! I'm definitely a seasonal scrapper or whatever happens to motivate me at the moment. I think if I did chronological, I would completely lose my mojo.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”