Acid Free??

Tracy F
Challenge Team

Acid Free??

Post by Tracy F »

Do you worry about using only acid free things on your layouts? I remember back when I first started scrapping that was such a big deal. Everything was marked acid free and if it wasn't you didn't buy it. I even bought a can of acid free fixative to use in case I wanted to use something not acid free and I don't think I ever used it. I was just wondering if this is something that's really important to any of you. I have to admit that I don't even think about it anymore.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Acid Free??

Post by Tamara »

I am the same. I haven't had any old things not be legible and I have things from my parents era as well. We did photocopy newspaper clippings but I really don't think my books will mean anything to anyone after I am gone. DS is into everything digital and thinks I am crazy but then he likes the books I have made for his boys so go figure. They just take up too much room so neither of my kids will care. DH has actually just opened up and started looking at them since I took the upstairs and put them all in one place (his idea) I am surprised that is even happening.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I look for the Acid Free label.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

no, I don't worry about it too much. I figure it is like a lot of things - claims to be acid free but not 100% acid free - know what I mean?
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I use acid-free if it is something that is going to touch my photos. I do use the spray if I am using newspaper articles because newsprint does have a lot of acid.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

I don't worry about it (well, I don't think about it).
--Danielle--
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I don't worry about it much unless I'm doing really really old pictures. My Grandfather was a photographer for the Army in WWI and helped build the Panama Canal and finish the Washington Monument. So when I do anything from that era I either copy them or I make sure everything is acid-free. The rest I don't really worry about. But I don't order much from companies other than scrappy ones so I figure most of it is pretty safe.

My kids and grandkids love their scrapbook albums and so does my husband so I'm very blessed in that area. I'm glad too. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I don't pay attention to it
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

I guess I assume that most mainstream scrapbooking supplies are acid free, but maybe that is not a good assumption!
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I don't even think about it anymore. The only time I am concerned about anything is when dealing with much older pictures. All of the newspaper clippings I use are laminated

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”