BEWARE of prize scam Echo Park

Tamara
Challenge Team

BEWARE of prize scam Echo Park

Post by Tamara »

If you are affiliated with facebook or instagram when Echo Park and Carte Bella introduce new scrap collections, if you like and comment they pick three winners. They announce the winners in ther feed and you are asked to DM a person your mailing info. Well Today I was commenting on a Halloween collection that my friend had shared the post. Immediately after my comment. Echo Parks logo said you are a winner! click in the link and we will get you your prize. Well my friend clicked it and they ask for you to join a video club and ask for your credit card promising it won't be charged. Then in the comments people are saying oh as soon as I clicked my prize was delivered. My friend told me she wasn't comfortable doing that. I told her not too and clicked in it to see what it was doing. Then I called Echo Park. (They are a local company here, they gave me their social media persons phone number so I called and explained that they may have a fake imitation out there. She said she would check into it and as soon as she went to report it before I even got off the phone she said yes they are working on it and trying to shut it down. Ten minutes later they posted on facebook the information and how they announce the winners warning people to please report it so they can shut it down!!! Who would go to all that effort. WOW just WOW we have to be so careful! NEVER give your credit card for a FREE prize!

Say safe and keep your own money :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Re: BEWARE of prize scam Echo Park

Post by GinniG »

Thanks for letting us know and for calling Echo Park!!! All it takes is 2 or 3 gullible people giving you their information and they can sell it for mega bucks. Your address is enough to get a TON of information about you. And your credit card only works until you figure it out but in that time they can rack up quite the haul. So in their minds it's not that much to work just a little bit and get your info.

I saw that today and was shocked. I guess I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner...

And have you seen the nasty posts about Tim Holtz??? Poor guy! He just had to put out disclaimers and apparently there were a couple of other famous scrappy people that lady went after. Just ridiculously disgusting and THIS part makes no sense to me. She doesn't get anything for her efforts... :(
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

So sad that people take advantage like that!! I saw all of the hub bub about Tim Holz, he seems like the nicest guy and it is awful that someone can just go after you and spread lies without proof. I hope it didn't hurt his business.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Thanks for the warning Tamara!
It just makes me so mad when people do things like that. I haven't heard about Tim Holtz. I hope they both get it all straightened out quickly.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”