Travelers Notebooks

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Travelers Notebooks

Post by Jan Mosier »

I love the idea of these but haven't jumped on the band wagon yet. I wanted to get an understanding as to what they are for first. If you have one, what do you use it for? Every day type stuff or just your travels? Did you make your own or buy them already made?
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracey
Prep Cook

Re: Travelers Notebooks

Post by Tracey »

I love the idea too, but have jumped on the band wagon either. One day I will.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I have taken some classes in these and just can't get excited about them. It is a great idea and I know people that use them but it's just not for me. I usually end up giving them away.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

It's not for me. I prefer traditional scrapbooking.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I'm kind of like Patty. it's an extra expense. I made one at the doodlebug retreat last year and I just bought one for $10 at the echo Park warehouse sale. I just can't justify spending $50-60 dollars for one which is the retail price Doodlebug and simple stories and Heidi Swapp has some cute ones but not cute enough for me to spend that much! :lol: :lol: :lol: My friend does them trip specific. You journal daily as you go, then print small pics and insert them. A lot of people use them like their planner. They record their daily doings on a calendar then decorate the days and activities so you can have your year all in one small book. For me it is more for planner people than scrapping people.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Tamara wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 am I'm kind of like Patty. it's an extra expense. I made one at the doodlebug retreat last year and I just bought one for $10 at the echo Park warehouse sale. I just can't justify spending $50-60 dollars for one which is the retail price Doodlebug and simple stories and Heidi Swapp has some cute ones but not cute enough for me to spend that much! :lol: :lol: :lol: My friend does them trip specific. You journal daily as you go, then print small pics and insert them. A lot of people use them like their planner. They record their daily doings on a calendar then decorate the days and activities so you can have your year all in one small book. For me it is more for planner people than scrapping people.
Thanks Tamara. I could see using one for travels but not sure I would keep up with it as a daily planner or journal.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

I love my Traveler's Notebooks! I only use mine as another way to scrap - I don't do planning in them nor do I do a lot of just journaling in them - for me it's just another way to document my memories - just in a smaller size. I find I really enjoy the smaller size and feel like I can "play" more in them. I am making one for my granddaughter of the things she ddi on her summer bucket list from this summer - something that she can have and not have to worry about a big album. I have seen a lot of people make their own inserts with their scrapbook papers and I've even seen them make their own covers. As with anything other than traditional scrapbooking - you either like it or you don't.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”