Share a page

Wanda
Station Chef

Share a page

Post by Wanda »

So, if you want to, share a page (picture and link) that you want us to visit in the gallery. Tell us more about the page and what's going on with it. Tell us about the pictures, the story behind it, some techniques you used, or share the products that you used. Anything you want, but let's look at each other's pages!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: Share a page

Post by tammyfolk »

Wanda wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:42 pm So, if you want to, share a page (picture and link) that you want us to visit in the gallery. Tell us more about the page and what's going on with it. Tell us about the pictures, the story behind it, some techniques you used, or share the products that you used. Anything you want, but let's look at each other's pages!
this is an absolutely great idea Wanda.....
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

and I'll start.

I saw this layout originally on Facebook (by Barb) and then she loaded it in the gallery today! I really, really want to scraplift it, and for once I actually have some of the elements to do so, and won't have to go through the hassle of finding a cut file, resize it and then cut it, etc. I was fortunate enough last week at stamp club to have someone cut out a couple of film strips for me....

I think this would be a perfect idea for a page of Miss Everly, since I have sooooooo very many pictures of her, and haven't scrapped a page of her yet!

ImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

I love that page - the filmstrip idea is so cute.

Great page, Barb! Where is your lift, Tammy? Share it when you make it!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Wanda wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:50 am I love that page - the filmstrip idea is so cute.

LOL - I did mention that I was a sloooow scrapper right?? I did pick out my pictures last night though! ;)

ImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

I'm going to share this page:

Someone asked me in the gallery where this was. It's in Frederica, on St. Simon's Island in GA. This is a beautiful old church and churchyard. It was so interesting to see the generations of families buried there, back to the Civil War days! Crazy. I thought it was neat how many of the names were obviously Scots, too. I took a few pictures; not that many. Then the next day I found the book The Lighthouse by Eugenia Price and it was about the families who first settled the area, some of whom I had just seen buried at this church. I read all three books in the series, and loved them - because I could picture in my head the locations and the scenery. Part of the book took place in Savannah. I started reading the book as we were driving to Savannah for a little day trip of sightseeing.

Anyway, I just though that was all really neat.

Come on everyone - share!
Last edited by Wanda on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

tammyfolk wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:53 am
Wanda wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:50 am I love that page - the filmstrip idea is so cute.

LOL - I did mention that I was a sloooow scrapper right?? I did pick out my pictures last night though! ;)
pictures one day, background papers the next day, accent papers and embellishments the next day or two, arranging them on the page takes at least two days, trimming everything on that third day, moving it all around again takes a day or two, and then MAYBE 10 days later you get the nerve to glue it down. THEN you have to decide on the journaling and print the journaling. I'd say two weeks to make this page!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Wanda wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:51 pm
tammyfolk wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:53 am

pictures one day, background papers the next day, accent papers and embellishments the next day or two, arranging them on the page takes at least two days, trimming everything on that third day, moving it all around again takes a day or two, and then MAYBE 10 days later you get the nerve to glue it down. THEN you have to decide on the journaling and print the journaling. I'd say two weeks to make this page!
yep, pretty much!

ImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

tammyfolk wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:58 pm and I'll start.

I saw this layout originally on Facebook (by Barb) and then she loaded it in the gallery today! I really, really want to scraplift it, and for once I actually have some of the elements to do so, and won't have to go through the hassle of finding a cut file, resize it and then cut it, etc. I was fortunate enough last week at stamp club to have someone cut out a couple of film strips for me....

I think this would be a perfect idea for a page of Miss Everly, since I have sooooooo very many pictures of her, and haven't scrapped a page of her yet!
Aww, thanks Tammy. Can't wait to see your scraplift!
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I finished this layout today and wanted to share:

It's a pretty simple and quick layoout, using a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches. I simplified it so I could focus on those two photos of granddaughter Charleigh and her love and trust in her big brother. This was the first time Charleigh (not quite 7 months old) had been in a swimming pool, and she was in the motel pool with her parents and two brothers. Ethan (almost 16) took her into the water, holding her as she floated around. Then he ducked underwater with her. She closed her eyes and went under without hesitation, trusting Ethan completely. I loved these photos that my daughter took.

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”