Calvinball

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Calvinball

Post by tammyfolk »

Has anyone ever heard of it? Participated in it?? If so please share what you know....
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
LoriS
Station Chef

Re: Calvinball

Post by LoriS »

I've heard of it, but have no idea what it is all about. I think Tina has participated in it - maybe she can give us an idea!
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Never heard of it!
Kimba201

Post by Kimba201 »

Nope, never heard of it
leslie
Prep Cook

Post by leslie »

My first thought was playing catch with my granddog Calvin. I doubt that is it.
Leslie

Paper crafter, yarn crafter, grandmother, friend, Michigander,
Tiger baseball junkie.
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

curiosity got the best of me! I googled! not so sure i understand what it is any better! LOL

Calvinball is a game invented by Calvin and Hobbes in which you make the rules up as you go along. Rules cannot be used twice (except for the rule that rules cannot be used twice). No Calvinball game is like another. The game may involve wickets, mallets, volleyballs, and additional equipment as well as masks.

There is only one permanent rule in Calvinball: You can't play it in the same way twice. (But another seems to be that you have to wear a mask.) For example, in one game of Calvinball, the goal was to capture your opponent's flag, whereas in a different game of Calvinball, the goal was to score points by hitting badminton shuttlecocks against trees using a croquet mallet. An apparent rule in Calvinball is that you must wear a black mask and that you aren't allowed to question the mask. Another apparent rule is that any new rule made up by each player must be accepted. A third apparent rule is that you cannot make any plays you made in a previous game.
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

SusieQ wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:44 pm curiosity got the best of me! I googled! not so sure i understand what it is any better! LOL

Calvinball is a game invented by Calvin and Hobbes in which you make the rules up as you go along. Rules cannot be used twice (except for the rule that rules cannot be used twice). No Calvinball game is like another. The game may involve wickets, mallets, volleyballs, and additional equipment as well as masks.

There is only one permanent rule in Calvinball: You can't play it in the same way twice. (But another seems to be that you have to wear a mask.) For example, in one game of Calvinball, the goal was to capture your opponent's flag, whereas in a different game of Calvinball, the goal was to score points by hitting badminton shuttlecocks against trees using a croquet mallet. An apparent rule in Calvinball is that you must wear a black mask and that you aren't allowed to question the mask. Another apparent rule is that any new rule made up by each player must be accepted. A third apparent rule is that you cannot make any plays you made in a previous game.
that's a lot to take in....I can see how people make it a huge thing in scrapbooking! Make up your own rules for points! Nice!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

tammyfolk wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:27 am
that's a lot to take in....I can see how people make it a huge thing in scrapbooking! Make up your own rules for points! Nice!
Lol I didn't even realize they were doing it in scrapping
ZELDAdog
In the Kitchen

Post by ZELDAdog »

I watch nicolejones911 on youtube and she did it last year??? She put together over 100 kits to take to a couple of crops and I don't remember what all...I thought about it, but I'm doing good to find time to squeak 1 page out! LOL!
Jenny

April Goal 0/6 Double Page layouts

Return to “Daily Scrapbooking Chatter”