Monday July 19, 2021

Join us as we take a cross-country drive from Pennsylvania to California. Not literally, but the idea is the same. Challenges will be based on the road trip, the destinations, and possibly even a challenge or two based on the song lyrics made famous by the song writer Bobby Troup in 1946.
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Monday July 19, 2021

Post by sthom97093 »

Join us all month long in July as we take a cross-country drive from Pennsylvania to California. Not literally, :lol: but the idea is still the same.

Challenges will be based on the road trip, the destinations, and possibly even a challenge or two based on the song lyrics made famous by the song writer Bobby Troup in 1946.

So join us as we Get Our Kicks on Route 66.

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

*Winner will be chosen via Random.Org.

Here is my take on the challenge...

For this project, I wanted to feature a variety of pictures of a road trip my friends and I took a few years ago. My friend's last name is Crawford, and she thought it would be hilarious to whisk us away to Crawfordsville, Indiana. We had NO CLUE where she was taking us until we got there. And once we got there, we did ALL the things! We posed at Crawfordsville signs, we ate at a diner that included a jail so we had to have our picture taken there...It was a hilarious and super fun adventure! I used the following sketch from the talented Shawn Lahr who created this design for Sketches in Thyme to pull the project together. I really liked how this sketch included a way to use a variety of pictures along with patterned paper. As an added bonus, I found patterned paper that included a map of Indiana that had Crawfordsville on it! That is where my arrow is pointing in the title.

Your challenge for today...Create a project featuring this sketch. I can't wait to see what you all create!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: Monday July 19, 2021

Post by Deanna13 »

Great take on the sketch, Stephanie! :)
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

love it, Deanna. Thanks for sharing the story behind the page. Did you include that in your journalling?
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

That sounds so fun! What a great group of friends!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

That sounds like so much fun! Love your layout!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:47 am Image
This is a great way to interpret the sketch! Love the colors you chose to tell your story!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

phillisw wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am love it, Deanna. Thanks for sharing the story behind the page. Did you include that in your journalling?
I need to be better w/ journaling....I typically use my blog posts to tell the story. But someday my great grandchildren might see me in a jail cell in this pic and wonder what their Great Grandma did! :lol:
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

sthom97093 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:51 am
phillisw wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 am love it, Deanna. Thanks for sharing the story behind the page. Did you include that in your journalling?
I need to be better w/ journaling....I typically use my blog posts to tell the story. But someday my great grandchildren might see me in a jail cell in this pic and wonder what their Great Grandma did! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's my take on the sketch. :)

Photos of sweet granddaughter Makaylee and her bf Lincoln on our family cruise. This was at the Jamaica port, June 2019. :)
Slice of Summer
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “July 2021- (Get Your Kicks on) Route 66”