Monday, June 14

Join us all month long as we post challenges that require us to USE OUR STASH.....but this month, there's a twist!! We'll be using our stash to Scraplift ourselves and others....
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Monday, June 14

Post by sthom97093 »

Join us all month long in June as we post challenges that require us to USE OUR STASH.....but this month, there's a twist!! We'll be using our stash to Scraplift ourselves and others....

So join us as we "Scraplift OUR Stash"!!

Remember - A new Blue Plate Special challenge is posted each Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

I decided to lift a Creative Inspiration sketch from 2020. This was one of my favorite sketches this design team ever featured, so I decided to use it again for this project.

This was my original take on the sketch. I featured a single picture of my daughter on Easter Day 2019 for the project. I also added one extra stretch of patterned paper to direct the eye towards my daughter's picture.

And this is my scraplift for today! I decided to feature my other daughter this time around posing on her balcony in her new digs in Washington DC. I decided to give the project a patriotic theme since she is doing an internship in the nation's capital.

The great thing about this sketch is it is SUPER EASY to recreate! Especially if you have limited time to scrap. I can't wait to see how you guys interpret this project!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Monday, June 14

Post by Lolis »

Love this sketch and both of your pages of your beautiful daughters! The sketch has some machine stitching which I'm determined to try this week!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I remember that sketch! Both your pages are wonderful!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

You have a blonde and a brunette! Beautiful girls! I love this sketch.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my project and my girls. :) Lolis, I can't wait to see your stitching. I'm too afraid to stitch on paper. I have no clue why....Maybe b/c I don't understand my sewing machine. Perhaps when my daughter returns from DC, she can show me how! (She's my sewer in my house!)
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

sthom97093 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:35 am Thank you everyone for your kind words about my project and my girls. :) Lolis, I can't wait to see your stitching. I'm too afraid to stitch on paper. I have no clue why....Maybe b/c I don't understand my sewing machine. Perhaps when my daughter returns from DC, she can show me how! (She's my sewer in my house!)
I'm just too lazy to switch out the needle! haha and set it up just for one stitch. :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a great sketch and wonderful takes on it!! :)
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Great sketch. Love all your pages
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:41 pm Image
I really like your take on the sketch! And you did a city/building picture too! Thank you for playing along. :)

Return to “June 2021 - 3rd Annual Scrap Lift Your Stash”