RQoTD 8-3

Wanda
Station Chef

RQoTD 8-3

Post by Wanda »

Well, it's my first day back to work. Teacher's meetings: woo hoo! Summer sinus issues? boo

Seriously, I have a question. Did you like school or no? And what could your teachers have done to make it better?

I liked school, but really paid no attention to my teachers. They were just part of the deal. Most of them were fine; I don't have any really bad memories of mean or terrible teachers. So I sometimes wonder if I, as a teacher, really matter that much in the grand scheme of my students' lives.
Beth
Sous Chef

Re: RQoTD 8-3

Post by Beth »

I always loved school as a kid. I became a Special Education teacher. I am now retired. I do miss teaching but NOT the paper work.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

School was ok for me. Didn't like it nor dislike it, it was just something you had to do....I will say that teachers do matter....I had a sixth grade teacher that went out of her way to make sure my adjustment to a new school went well (family/home issues), and I still think of her to this day. Of course there were other things involved, but she will always be that "one teacher" for me.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

School was something yo had to do. Not really a like or dislike. Do teachers make a difference---you bet! I had a gentleman come into where I work a few months ago and ask me if I remembered who he was. He looked familiar but something about him was different. After a few moments I figured out who he was (he was a chubby kid and now a thin adult). He told me that I had told him something back in elementary school that had stuck with him and he wanted to thank me. I was only subbing at the the time so if I could have impact in a day or two think what a semester or year would do. Never doubt that you can change lives and are changing lives, Wanda.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I liked learning new things but I was one of those kids who got teased and even bullied, so I didn't always like going to school. My fifth grade teacher (Mrs.Miller) stands out because she was the first teacher who told me I was smart and encouraged me to speak up in class. My high school history teacher told me I was a good writer and pushed me to reach higher.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I didn't like or dislike school, it was just something we had to do. Teachers were just part of the deal.....all but one, Mrs. Case. I was being bullied by a girl because the boy she liked, liked me instead. She confronted me in the hall way after class and told me to meet her in the parking lot after school because she wanted to fight me. So after school, I met her in the parking lot along with several of her friends....and lo and behold Mrs. Case was out there with the school principal. She even sat with me in the principles office and told him about the confrontation in the hall way. The girl was suspended for three days and I was not.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Loved school

Return to “Question of the Day”