RQOTD 9/30

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

RQOTD 9/30

Post by Jan Mosier »

Are you a collector of anything other than scrapbook supplies?

As most of you already know I love to thrift. Most of the items I thrift (hard goods, shoes) Kyle resells on ebay or I take to my antique booth and some things I keep for myself. I love almost anything vintage, whether it be a dog planter or figurine, old typewriters, cameras and the such. I don't have a huge collection as I don't have the space for it but I do have some. I like to use them as photo props and decorations.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Wendy
Sous Chef

Re: RQOTD 9/30

Post by Wendy »

I am a HUGE collector of Disney snowglobes. Right now I have about 75, spread out over 5 bookcases. They take up a lot of room, are a pain to dust all the time, but they are so fun!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

I collect Byer's Choice figurines from historic places like Mount Vernon, Charleston, etc. I typically get one a year, and they are hanging out on my sideboard in my dining room with their mouths hanging open. My family thinks they are creepy looking. I think they are adorable.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I pick up something from every vacation to put in a curio cabinet.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I collect snowmen, most are stuffed. I only display them during the holidays though. I also collect Christmas ornaments from all the different places we go.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

nope, no collecting for me
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

In the past but I've got rid of most of my collections when we moved. I still have my Rowe pottery.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I collect Christmas decorations. :) Most of my tree ornaments are either gifts from others or something I've seen and loved. I have very few that are exactly the same! When we moved from Florida back to Alaska I told Steve I had 3 requirements. I had to bring ALL of my Christmas things and ALL of my scrappy things, and I had to bring the dining room set I'd inherited from my parents! Took up most of the space in the trailer and van when we moved! :) Everything was in storage for a year while we built the cabin but now it's all here. Unfortunately I have very little space for decorating and our tree has to stay outside on the porch. But hopefully by Christmas next year we'll be in the new house and I'll be able to pull EVERYTHING out including the 2 sets of Christmas bear china I also inherited. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I have several Scooby items I have collected; I have lots of CDs and DVDs that might be the other thing I collect besides craft things
Petra Mutchler
Sous Chef

Post by Petra Mutchler »

I collect tea spoons

Return to “Question of the Day”