RQOTD 9.24.20

sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: RQOTD 9.24.20

Post by sdwhru »

GinniG wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm There are so few restaurants here on the island and they tend to be pretty expensive so we don't eat out very much. We've done a couple of take out orders since the virus but that's it. However, on our ferry trips we ALWAYS get food both ways because it's so delicious! :)
Is the 50's diner still there (or that is what it reminded me of)?
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

sdwhru wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 pm
GinniG wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm There are so few restaurants here on the island and they tend to be pretty expensive so we don't eat out very much. We've done a couple of take out orders since the virus but that's it. However, on our ferry trips we ALWAYS get food both ways because it's so delicious! :)
Do you mean the caboose? Or Burger Queen by the tunnel? The caboose isn't there anymore. Someone was driving drunk and drove right through it one night. Thankfully it was closed. But Burger Queen is still there. They aren't in the truck anymore but have a building now and still make the best burgers ever! :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

GinniG wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:23 am
sdwhru wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 pm
Do you mean the caboose? Or Burger Queen by the tunnel? The caboose isn't there anymore. Someone was driving drunk and drove right through it one night. Thankfully it was closed. But Burger Queen is still there. They aren't in the truck anymore but have a building now and still make the best burgers ever! :)
Hmmmm....can't remember the name, but it had a counter to eat at and I had reindeer sausage there (not sure that is any help LOL)
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

There are lots of newer places that I'm not as familiar with that are down on the docks. When we lived there those weren't there. :) Now when we go over unless we meet someone from a ship or a visitor we avoid the downtown area as much as possible. :) I'm sure there are several places you could get the reindeer sausage though. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Question of the Day”