RQOTD 8/4/20

sthom97093
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD 8/4/20

Post by sthom97093 »

My husband grows tomatoes and peppers in my backyard. There is NOTHING that compares (I think) to a home grown tomato. I like to get fruit/veggies from roadside/farmers markets. Especially sweet corn!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Just the grocery store for us
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

I would if there were any here. :( We will have our own apple and cherry orchard someday. Got a few trees started but a long ways to go. Our garden didn't do very well this year because the weather's been so nasty. But next year we should have more time to devote to it and hopefully the weather will be better too. :) And someday we'll have our own beehives so we can make our own honey! Once the house is built and we're settled in we'll get chickens for eggs. The geese only lay for about 3 or 4 months so we want chickens for the rest of the year. Gonna grow and harvest as much as we can naturally so we don't have to rely on the grocery store so much. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

From July thru November we'll get some stuff from our family farm. Otherwise from the grocery store.
--Danielle--
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

GinniG wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:44 pm I would if there were any here. :( We will have our own apple and cherry orchard someday. Got a few trees started but a long ways to go. Our garden didn't do very well this year because the weather's been so nasty. But next year we should have more time to devote to it and hopefully the weather will be better too. :) And someday we'll have our own beehives so we can make our own honey! Once the house is built and we're settled in we'll get chickens for eggs. The geese only lay for about 3 or 4 months so we want chickens for the rest of the year. Gonna grow and harvest as much as we can naturally so we don't have to rely on the grocery store so much. :)
Wow! You and your family are amazing! I would love to have you as a guest speaker in my classroom! On line, of course!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

I love shopping at the Farmer's Market or roadside stands! There is one near my house but due to COVID they just bring it to your car and you can't go up to the stand so I don't go as much as I like to pick out my own fruit and veggies
GinniG
Station Chef

Post by GinniG »

Lolis wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:18 pm
GinniG wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:44 pm I would if there were any here. :( We will have our own apple and cherry orchard someday. Got a few trees started but a long ways to go. Our garden didn't do very well this year because the weather's been so nasty. But next year we should have more time to devote to it and hopefully the weather will be better too. :) And someday we'll have our own beehives so we can make our own honey! Once the house is built and we're settled in we'll get chickens for eggs. The geese only lay for about 3 or 4 months so we want chickens for the rest of the year. Gonna grow and harvest as much as we can naturally so we don't have to rely on the grocery store so much. :)
Wow! You and your family are amazing! I would love to have you as a guest speaker in my classroom! On line, of course!
Thanks so much! We'd love to talk to your classroom! :) Steve's really good at that. I help. LOL!
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Question of the Day”