RQOTD July 27, 2020

Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

RQOTD July 27, 2020

Post by Kiki Halbert »

What is your favourite vacation you've ever taken?
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD July 27, 2020

Post by Tamara »

Belize actually San Pedro Island We spent a week there in 2002. It was beautiful and the cute local boys would come around the beach every day and sell jewelry. I would walk the streets in the town while my DH and son went scuba diving. There was a ship stuck on the reef, we did a jungle cruise that was awesome.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Haven't really taken a vacation per say....
--Danielle--
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

We haven't really gone on a lot of vacations but the most memorable was when my son and I flew to Philadelphia and then drove all over the East Coast exploring, it was a lot of fun. We are history buffs and hit all the highlights!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

My fave was probably an unexpected road trip with my mother to look for antiques in North Carolina that ended with a tour of Biltmore Estates and some wine tasting, Nashville and the Grand Old Opry and Memphis with a tour of Graceland. All totally unplanned.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Jan Mosier wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:00 am My fave was probably an unexpected road trip with my mother to look for antiques in North Carolina that ended with a tour of Biltmore Estates and some wine tasting, Nashville and the Grand Old Opry and Memphis with a tour of Graceland. All totally unplanned.
Those are the BEST kinds!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

This is a hard one for me to answer because my vacations are not typical. I do working vacations where I go to build a playground, or teach a class, or feed the hungry so each trip has special meaning and memories.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

It would have to be Hawaii. First we went to Honolulu where we got married on the beach at sunset. We toured the island for a few days and then flew over to the big island were we stayed at an all inclusive resort in a thatched roof hut right on the beach. No tv or radios allowed and adults only. It was so quiet and peaceful. Had a fabulous luau and we got to see them put the pig in the ground in the morning and take it out at dinner time. It was soooo good. We went snorkeling and on a sunset cruise. We rented a car one day and the resort packed us a picnic lunch to take along. Had such a great time exploring the area. After 4 days there we headed down to Volcano National Park and stayed in the rainforest for a couple of nights and explored the park. Such a memorable trip!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I've had lots of great vacations/trips and I've lived in Hawaii. Toss up between two = 2 week trip to Disney World/Universal Studios or a 2 week trip to various parts of Alaska.

Return to “Question of the Day”