RQOTD July 25, 2020

GinniG
Station Chef

Re: RQOTD July 25, 2020

Post by GinniG »

First I wanted to be a Stewardess. They were so GLAMOROUS back then!!! But I quickly got too tall (I was the tallest PERSON in first grade in the whole school!!!) so that dream was out the window. Then I wanted to be a teacher. But we didn't have all the scholarship and loan opportunities that are available now. So I settled on being a secretary and I was one for a VERY long time. I worked in many different types of offices over the years and I was pretty good at what I did. The last time I was timed with my typing I scored 150 words a minute! The average speed is 50-60!!! I grew up with the computers as we went from manual typewriters to electric ones to magnetic cards to floppy disks (2 different sizes!) then finally computers. I never learned key punching - that would have been too boring. But I learned a lot of other things and it still helps me today knowing how to do all those things. :)
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: RQOTD July 25, 2020

Post by sdwhru »

short period of time I wanted to be a interior designer. Can't say there was anything that really stuck to me when I was younger on what I wanted to be

Return to “Question of the Day”