RQOTD 7/22/20

Wendy
Sous Chef

RQOTD 7/22/20

Post by Wendy »

Wow! This day really got away from me! Our company is manufacturing sneeze guards and hand sanitizer stands for many businesses. These items have shipped out already, so my billing duties have really gotten me beat. We really cannot keep up with the demand.

What is or was your dream job?

I have always wanted to be in an office environment. Either an Office Manager or a secretary (antiquated term..lol).

I am an Accounts Receivable Manager and assistant to the CEO of our company. I love it!!! It's fun learning the ins and outs of the company being with the CEO every day. Still looking forward to retirement, though...lol
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: RQOTD 7/22/20

Post by sdwhru »

I really like working in an office so pretty much am doing by dream job but maybe not as many hours. I can't decide where I want to work next when my boss finally retires
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

my dream job IS Retirement! haha I worked in the dental field for 40 years. 36 with the same boss. He was always giving me gift cards and things of appreciation. He retired 7 years ago and guess what? He still sends me gift cards for Christmas and Birthday. He just bought a home a few miles from me. He has already stopped by with Watermelon and corn. I have a feeling I am going to keep seeing him more often. He text me the other day to see if I was still quarantined. He wants to go to dinner. Dude you are on oxygen too now so you should be quarantined like me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The whole time I was working I kept thinking of how much I would get done when I retired. Granted I do get a lot done but there is still so much more to do. :o
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Don't know what mine would be. Maybe sell cards? Haha.
--Danielle--
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

being a wife and mom and most of all the greatest job Grandma!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Post by LisanTexas »

My dream job was always to work in healthcare which I have for 27 years. I have really been blessed to work with so many wonderful people but unfortunately health care is no longer what it was with all the government regulations so now my dream job would still to be serving people but somewhere without a bunch of government mandates that are so stupid I spend my time trying to meet those requirements that I have so much less time to spend serving my patients. I have been looking for a new career for the past year but no one will hire you let alone interview you as they don't want anyone that is changing careers as they are worried you will not like it and leave. So I guess my dream job with be retirement :lol:
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

my dream job was teaching elementary students, but being a librarian was a greatest ever. working with students a little at a time. I do love the research part. Now being retired is great, too
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

My dream job now is retirement! I love it and find I'm busier now (before the pandemic hit) than when I was working. I was able to work at my dream job which was with the airlines probably because I grew up as an airline brat, my Dad worked for the airlines. I worked as ticket/gate agent and the best was working on the ramp. I dreaded learning the ramp but was so surprised to find out how much I liked it. The best part of course was the free travel benefits. Unfortunately I got laid off before I could retire so I lost all the travel benefits.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

The best job I ever had is being a mom. I love being a teacher and coaching UIL academics, but if I could get paid for trying out scrapbooking paper and products, that would be the dream! :D :D :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

My dream job has always been to be a writer. I think I have a story in me somewhere. (Ok, lots...) But I do love history (which is why I teach it) equally as much. So another dream job I've had is to work at Gettysburg National Park teaching/working with teachers/making curriculum for them, etc.

Return to “Question of the Day”