RQOTD 7/20/20

Wendy
Sous Chef

RQOTD 7/20/20

Post by Wendy »

Good morning everyone!

Sorry to be stuck on one subject, but my mind is stuck on party mode.

Do you prefer to have parties catered, or make your own food?

I've done both and I think I prefer to make my own food. It's certainly time consuming, but I can save so much money making it myself.
LisanTexas
Prep Cook

Re: RQUOTD 7/20/20

Post by LisanTexas »

I have done both. I personally think people don't eat as much as you think they will and then I always have TONS left over, so the last few years I have started just doing light refreshments so I don't end up having a ton of food left over. I find this goes over much better, but of course one must always have cake or it's not really a party!! :lol: Or maybe I just run with a crowd of light eaters!!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Depends on the party...For my husband's 50th, held it at a restaurant and had catered. That was AWESOME! For my daughter's graduation, we did the cooking (meaning my husband, my mother in law, my Mom) and everyone commented on how wonderful the food was. In summary, think it depends on the amount of time you have to prepare, the venue, and your sanity levels at the time. Because IT IS A TASK to cook for a ton!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We've always done our own food because I came from a large family It was just monetarily the best choice. However last year for my birthday we catered Costa vida. It was delicious and everybody loved it. We are going to do the same thing again this year but order for less people with five little grandkids we had a lot of leftover which meant we got to have it for three days after the event lol
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I've never had a catered party. I always make my own. We have lots of parties in our community, not now of course, and most people ask you to bring a dish. We have a big Christmas party every year and I ask everyone not to bring anything. I make lots of light appetizers and all sorts of Christmas cookies. It's a lot of work but I enjoy it.
scrlvr78
Prep Cook

Post by scrlvr78 »

Own food
--Danielle--
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

My own. Except if my son the chef is in town and then I will gladly let him cater it.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I don't like to entertain so I've never had a party of my own and usually avoid parties if invited.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Kiki Halbert
Prep Cook

Post by Kiki Halbert »

I love a good potluck!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have never had a catered party. I always do it myself. I think I would like catered. :lol: :lol:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”