RQOTD 7/14/20

GinniG
Station Chef

Re: RQOTD 7/14/20

Post by GinniG »

I'm about to make you ladies jealous... I live on a saltwater lagooon! It's small and it isn't a sandy beach yet and the water is COLD even in a hot summer. But it smells like the ocean and we have eagles and seagulls and all kinds of ducks and geese and a little seal that live in the area around it. On our side there are 5 occupied lots and we all have our own beach access. On the other side are much smaller uninhabited islands with mountains. On the other side of those is a body of water called 12 MIle Arm and it is full of salmon (in season), several kinds of crabs, shrimps, prawns, halibut, steelhead trout come up the creeks, and lots of other seafood and water fowl! Our new home will have an awesome view from the kitchen, dining room, master bedroom and living room. They're all upstairs. And we'll have a big balcony partly screened in for an outdoor kitchen, kitchen greenhouse, and just general watching the world of nature go by. :)

When we get the house finished we'll have this cabin as a guest house so maybe some of you might like to come up for a Southeast Alaska vacation! The nearest town with a jet airport is Ketchikan. It's a 20 minute float plane ride or a 3 hour ferry boat ride from there to here. :)
View from the Kitchen R.jpg
View from the Kitchen R.jpg (128.05 KiB) Viewed 757 times
Follow me on our Alaskan adventure at https://www.facebook.com/AlaskanJungleChronicles

Return to “Question of the Day”