RQOTD June 6th 2017

SusieQ
Sous Chef

RQOTD June 6th 2017

Post by SusieQ »

Do you plan out your meals? Weekly or Daily or no plan?

I try weekly sometimes but it never seems to work, I also try daily sometimes but generally get fustrated with busy schedules and end up frequently flying by the seat of my pants.
disneydarling07
Prep Cook

Re: RQOTD June 6th 2017

Post by disneydarling07 »

I try try try to plan everything out. I make a menu for the week, make a grocery list, and have everything ready ....and then someone sticks a monkey wrench in my plans!
Whether it be a last minute baseball game/practice or something, it always turns into chaos and scrambling.
My biggest problem is getting home after 8pm on baseball nights. by the time I put something together, its almost 9.
I've tried crock pot meals, but no one cares to eat like that after a busy day. they just want quick and easy (microwavable).
Wendy***
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

disneydarling07 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:54 am I try try try to plan everything out. I make a menu for the week, make a grocery list, and have everything ready ....and then someone sticks a monkey wrench in my plans!
Whether it be a last minute baseball game/practice or something, it always turns into chaos and scrambling.
My biggest problem is getting home after 8pm on baseball nights. by the time I put something together, its almost 9.
I've tried crock pot meals, but no one cares to eat like that after a busy day. they just want quick and easy (microwavable).
Sounds like my life, but we do crockpot meals, i try to use crockpot to make an entire meal so its quick and easy. frequently I make ziti making the noodles and meat, then dump it all in the crockpot with the sauce and cheese and heat it on low . its my favorite quick meal that the boys all love
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I usually have some idea of what I want to cook and will make sure we have those items on hand, but honestly, I only cook one or two meals a week. The rest of the week we either eat leftovers, throw something on the grill or forage in the fridge and pantry for something.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

uuummm....no. I don't get home from work until 7 most nights so it's whatever is fast.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Wanda
Station Chef

Post by Wanda »

Definitely not but should. With it being just hubs and me I'm pretty casual about it and he doesn't complain
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I make a weekly menu of suppers, then play it by ear as to what I fix each night.
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

I always make out a weekly meal plan and stick to it. Otherwise I don't know that we would ever have a good meal!
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Used 3/9/2023
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”