RQOTD 3.23.20

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD 3.23.20

Post by Tamara »

Have you ever had to go without a refrigerator for a long period of time?

We're going on one week tomorrow. I sure hope the repairman shows. It's getting old just need some cottage cheese and sour cream back in my life lol
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: RQOTD 3.23.20

Post by Lolis »

Yes, several years ago, luckily we have a small that I used to have in my classroom, and we also have a freezer. I hope you get yours fixed soon!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Post by Krystle »

No! That sounds hard.
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We went for several weeks (5-6 weeks maybe) last year. It was a horrible experience. The motor went and it took several days before someone could even look at it. On the day they were supposed to come I got a call that said the guy called out sick and they couldn't get to us for another week. I lost it, which is very unusual for me, with the lady on the phone who then proceeded to tell me we didn't have a warranty which we did have but Sears had screwed that up. We finally found another repair shop that would accept our warranty and they were great but it still took a while to order the new motor. Once we got it installed it only worked for 1 day and they had to come back a week later and it was finally fixed. But we lived out of ice chests the whole time which meant buying ice daily. We tried to rent a fridge but that couldn't even be delivered for 2 weeks and we would have had to pay for 1 full month so we bought a small fridge that helped a bit.
I sure hope you have better luck than we did Tamara!
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Nope. When mine went out they came immediately, determined it was dead, and brought me a new one the same day. Advantage of small-town living.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

We didn't live without one but the one we had was under the shed outside when they were remodeling our kitchen. We had a table, microwave and ice chest in the living room and that's how we ate for about a month or longer. If we wanted anything out of the fridge we had to walk around the house to the back yard to retrieve it.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Well it has been a crazy week without our main fridge. At least the guy showed up today. If he didn't I would have been a crazy lady on the phone too! The compressor went out, he put a new one in but we have to wait 24 hrs. to put our food back in. DH ran to get my prescription and I told him maybe he should buy some ice cream so we would know if the freezer works! :lol: :lol: :lol: He says maybe tomorrow! haha
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”