Rqotd 3/12

Krystle
Sous Chef

Rqotd 3/12

Post by Krystle »

Are there any closures in your area due to Coronavirus? We are only minimally affected so far and a couple large gatherings have been cancelled.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Rqotd 3/12

Post by Jan Mosier »

The military base has already cancelled a couple of events due to the virus.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Only thing locally that I'm aware of at the moment is Gs Spring Break from Lycoming College has been extended by a week. The toilet paper / sanitizer shortage has definitely hit here locally though!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Not that I know of except for the big convention center in Orlando. They've cancelled just about all their events for the next few weeks.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Things are starting to happen. I am high risk so DH is urging me to stop going to things. . I was not going to go to a Womens conference tonight and they just barely canceled it. My friend has a daughter that was quarantined for three weeks in South Korea. She came home last week and is still quarantined at home for two more weeks. What if she is a carrier and her parents get it. There are just too many if's. They have cancelled people coming from around the world to General Conference. They also cancelled any local people from attending. It will be broadcast as always on television. Two Utah Jazz basketball players have tested positive. I don't think that they are currently in state but all NBA games have been cancelled. Colleges are going to online classes. There is only a few cases reported but precautions are going into effect. I will also not be going to church for a few weeks.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Samaritan's Purse put a travel ban on their employees so that means dh will not be out traveling so maybe we can get the kitchen finished! I haven't heard of anything else in our area.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

We live about 45 minutes from Colorado Springs, an Air Force base and college ball venues; and about 2 hours from Denver, with college ball teams. Several of the sports seasons have either cancelled spectators at their games or called off the season completely. Some of the local schools (grade through high) have cancelled classes for a couple of weeks. People are staying home and indoors. All three of us -- Mike, Mom and I -- have conditions that increase our risk of getting the coronavirus, so we are cautious in where we go and in taking precautions. Face masks are flying off the shelves, as are germicide sprays. And..... can you find toilet paper in your area????? It's a hot commodity here right now. :o :shock:
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

My grocery store is limiting the amount of items that people can buy. We are extending spring break for the students one more day to meet with the teachers and all faculty to discuss our plan of action in case that the school district has to close.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

They just announced that Disney World is closing this Sunday. We heard earlier that Disney Land is closing also.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

So NBA games have been suspended. The utah players were here in OKC (and still are I think) when they tested positive. I was supposed to be at the Cher concert but that has been cancelled. No basketball tournaments, no march madness, no NHL, NCAA cancelled all things indefinitely. TP, wipes and hand santizer is no where to be found. Our medival fair has been cancelled. OU went to online classes. I have started restricting clients coming into the office. We have clients up into their 90's +. I see lots of workers wiping down door handles, etc. I feel almost secluded in a way. When I was at the vet yesterday they said they are having lots of people cancel appointments

Return to “Question of the Day”