Random QOTD -- Monday, May 15

BarbP
Sous Chef

Random QOTD -- Monday, May 15

Post by BarbP »

Have you planted, or do you plan to plant flowers? When do you plant them and what are you planting?
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: Random QOTD -- Monday, May 15

Post by BarbP »

We had quit planting flowers for a few years when we downsized from a ranch style house to a double wide mobile home in Illinois, but when we moved here we planted some annuals last year (petunias, geraniums, pansies and daisies). They were in the front yard and didn't like the full sun or clay-rock soil very much. Yesterday Mike bought two oak half-barrels (they're old whiskey barrells) for Mom and me to plant flowers. We will put them on front porch or back patio, where they will get some sun but not full-on all day. We will let Mom decide the flowers, but I would like to get it done before Memorial Day weekend, because Jeff (3rd child) and his wife Erica are coming for a visit.
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I do plant flowers but it has been too cold so probably in a couple weeks. My priority is my huge garden. Planted peas a couple weeks ago, planted zuchinni, yellow squash and cucumbers yesterday. Going to plant a few rows of corn today. I stagger planting my corn so I don't have it all at once.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoriS
Station Chef

Post by LoriS »

We always plant flowers! We usually have them planted before Mother's Day, but this year we are lagging behind! Hoping to get some planted this weekend.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

We cheated this year and bought a hanging basket that was already planted and then transplanted it in our big pot out front! :D hoping it will bloom all summer. I decided we spend about the same amount trying to buy individual flowers and putting them in the pot hoping that they will fill in.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

We don't plant flowers
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I have tons of flower gardens...mainly perennials but I mix lots of annuals in for color. I started planting yesterday and got the first wave in. Need to go buy more for the next section. Yesterday I planted pansies, snapdragons, lobelia, zinna, marigolds, pentas, polka-dot-plant, petunias, and euphorbia.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”