Random QOTD 10.13.19

Tamara
Challenge Team

Random QOTD 10.13.19

Post by Tamara »

When is the last time you felt an act of kindness towards you?

there's a night when my son and grandsons were in an automobile accident three girls stopped to help. They had no idea my grandsons were behind the truck door when they opened it. But they got them out of the truck calm them down at the side of the road until the ambulance came and then sat with them in the ambulance till their mom got there and held them while she took care of the baby. When we got to the scene of the accident they were in the ambulance holding our grandkids. My husband thank them as they came out of the ambulance. But everyone kept thinking about what a miracle it was that they were able to calm the boys. that night at the emergency room after everyone had been discharged we were waiting for my daughter to bring a new car seat. And the three girls walked up with a dozen yellow roses for my daughter-in-law because they were coming to the hospital to check on them. They instantly became her Facebook friend. Yesterday my husband and I sent each of them a thank-you card with a $25 card to Cafe Rio to thank them. All the words that they have posted on Facebook have been so touching. It's amazing how people connect instantly in a situation like this. It meant the world to all of us that they are such good kids
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Krystle
Sous Chef

Re: RQOTD 10.13.19

Post by Krystle »

That story is so inspiring. Nothing quite so dramatic for me but I have incredibly gracious coworkers who I appreciate.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: Random QOTD 10.13.19

Post by Lolis »

Tamara, there are angels everywhere! God takes care of his children! What a miracle!
Yesterday, when we went to Jimmy’s Egg, I was jokingly telling my husband that I should have brought our sugar for the coffee and a woman who was sitting on a table next to us overheard me and gave me some packages of her pyure stevia sweetener. She didn’t offer she just placed them on my table with a smile, saying she never leaves home without her stevia.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Greatgramof5
Prep Cook

Post by Greatgramof5 »

The most remembered time was a few years ago when my refrigerator broke down in the summer. My DDs father's ex-wife had someone do something very special for her so she believed she had to pass it along or have bad luck. She sent me a new refrigerator and added a new hot water heater to boot. I was absolutely stunned. That summer I had a couple homeless people stay with us for a couple months.
8-) Karen
Tracey
Prep Cook

Post by Tracey »

I can't actually remember the last act of kindness to me. But I had my 9 year old daughter offer one to a gentleman who was shopping with his children on Saturday. He was pushing two infants in a pram and had a daughter about 3 or 4 years old who needed to go to tge bathroom, he didn't want to take her into the male toilets and she didn't want to go into the ladies on her own. So I asked my daughter if she would offer to take the little girl in. The gentleman was very appreciative and the little girl was relieved.
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

My best friend was texting me yesterday asking if I needed anything or if she needed to come sit with me while we waited at the vets...

Acts of Kindness can be anything or everything; all depends on how you look at it :)
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

October 28th, 2018. My market friends and vendors rallied around Kyle and I after Jack passed. One in particular, who also lost her husband January of that year has been a shoulder to cry on and a rock. She lets me know that my feelings are normal and I'm not completely crazy. :lol:
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

love all of these sweet acts of kindness!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”