RQOTD 6.30.19

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD 6.30.19

Post by Tamara »

What is the longest you have ever been at a dealership buying a car?

I remember years ago fighting our kids for 5 hours. I hate the back and forth games they play with you. Now that I am older we just tell them, this is what we want our payment to be, Make it happen or we are leaving now! Still with a large down payment and a one time negotiation, it still took us almost four hours. They made us go to the bank and get a cashiers check. Good thing we went early because banks close at 2:00 on Saturday. We also went to lunch while they got paperwork ready.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: RQOTD 6.30.19

Post by tammyfolk »

I want to say four to five hours as well, and that's probably after going back two or three times . . .I too hate the games they play, but Shawn used to sell cars when he was younger and knew some things, so I let him do all the talking when I got my car. . .I could tell they weren't happy as they had dealt with me up until it was time to negotiate and sign papers. Boom!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

It just takes forever - even when the car has been ordered in. When I went and got my new car in October the paperwork etc still took a couple of hours UGH
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

4 to 5 hours. I told them what I wanted my payment to be and they danced around it. Each time I would grab my purse and tell Jack, let's go. They finally got my payment down to where I wanted it and we signed the papers. Jack would have settled for the first quote but I knew the game. I'm a used car dealers daughter and a dealerships worse nightmare. It was a pain in the rear and I was stubborn.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Question of the Day”