RQOTD December 29, 2018

Lolis
Challenge Team

RQOTD December 29, 2018

Post by Lolis »

Do you have a special tradition or traditions for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day?

My dad died tragically on New Year's Day 2000, and we stopped having the big celebrations we used to have with the whole family on New Year's Day. We no longer get together with anyone else, or have a big celebration. For several years we didn't celebrate at all. Now, we keep it a simple celebration. We like to barbecue, and make menudo, a beef tripe dish, for New Year's Eve. If it is not too cold, we like to dance outside or the garage if it is raining. If it is very cold, we move the table to the side in the dinning room and we dance inside. Sometimes we have fireworks. At midnight, we eat 12 grapes and make 12 wishes for the new year. In the morning, I make buñuelos, a Mexican tradition to ensure a sweet new year!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: RQOTD December 29, 2018

Post by tammyfolk »

No plans for us either. I can't remember the last time we did anything special. . . probably when G was little.
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

When we were in Wi I would have my grandkids spend the night for a "midnight party" where they could stay up until midnight ( if they could make it). We used to go to a party but as we got older we liked staying home with the grands. This year, nothing planned for the evening. We do have friends from WI stopping by for the day.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

We stay home and do nothing (or go play games at a friends house) but we stay off the road

Return to “Question of the Day”