Random QOTD -- Monday, August 27, 2018

BarbP
Sous Chef

Random QOTD -- Monday, August 27, 2018

Post by BarbP »

Do you and your family visit "pick your own" orchards, pumpkin patches etc in the fall? If so .... where do you go, who goes with you and what do you pick?

When our kids were young, we went to an orchard about 45 minutes from our home. It was nice -- an orchard with several varieties of apples, and a hay wagon ride to get around to the different varieties. There was a pick your own pumpkin patch and a dig your own chrysanthemum patch. There was a petting zoo, bakery, sandwich shop, free cider. There was also a nice grassy hill the kids loved to roll down. You could spend the day there.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Re: Random QOTD -- Monday, August 27, 2018

Post by Tamara »

all of the orchards around us have vanished. So sad I know. There are a bunch up north but we just buy their produce at the local farmers market. They always have a truck there with their produce. We do have pumpkin patches. Yes we try to go and take the grandkids. They are literally all over the county now. But sometimes the parents just take their kids and I don't get to go or get pics. :evil: That's why I plan them a lot!! Grandma to the rescue----------------------------------- :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: Random QOTD -- Monday, August 27, 2018

Post by sdwhru »

I never have. There used to be one close to us but it was hit by a tornado a few years ago and not sure if they rebuilt it or not

Return to “Question of the Day”