RQOTD...7.16.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD...7.16.18

Post by Tamara »

What is your job or career that you do now or before you were retired?

I have to say I totally love being retired but for 40 years I worked in the dental field. I worked for the same doctor for 36 of those years. I was lucky to have a great boss! The last two years was not fun at all and no comparison.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Re: RQOTD...7.16.18

Post by sdwhru »

I'm a Senior Staff Accountant; I do taxes is the easy way - from individuals to partnerships, trusts, corporation, estates, etc. I can also do payroll, etc but I usually don't anymore. I love where I work and the people I work with; I have been here for 17 years since I got out of college and moved back to Oklahoma. The clients sometimes I would like to fire ;) I have learned a lot and things are always changing. That being said when my boss retires or something happens I will probably find a different field to work in. I have had too many years of long hours/complicated returns etc to keep doing this as I age. Like I will start working overtime this week until the middle of October.
Beth
Sous Chef

Post by Beth »

I am a retired Special Education teacher.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

I was in journalism, fundraising and community relations for various community organizations and businesses for more than 33 years. Then I wanted "just a job" without being in charge of anything, so I worked part time at Walmart for a couple of years. I also did some substitute teaching and was a part-time nanny here and there.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I'm a teacher. I've taught for 19 years. At the present time I teach 6th grade English Language Arts. Before becoming a teacher I worked for the State of Texas for about 10 years, but I got tired of working with adults. I love teaching and the classroom! The only other profession and my dream job, hopefully for when I grow up, would be to be a professional Pokémon Go player. :lol: :lol: :lol: Have you seen these guys, they get paid to travel the world, get awesome cars, and the best gadgets!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”