RQOTD...7.1.18

Tamara
Challenge Team

RQOTD...7.1.18

Post by Tamara »

Does your city or town do firework shows?

It is so dry this year that many home fireworks are banned. There are a lot of professional firework shows to attend or just climb on your roof and watch them in surrounding cities. We used to go to them but DH hates crowds so unless the kids join in we just stay home and I'm ok with that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Re: RQOTD...7.1.18

Post by BarbP »

It's been extremely dry in Pueblo and surrounding counties. There are bans on burning anything or even starting campfires etc. Most of the surrounding area also has banned fireworks of any kind, but of course some people do it anyway.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Not a dryness problem here. Most of the area fireworks were rained out last night. Severe thunderstorms. Probably rescheduled for tonight but won't be going.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

My town has them; we have at least had rain the last several days so the ground is wet.

However, I don't go - I'm like your DH Tamara I don't like crowds plus it is usually so HOT; plus the neighbors drive the dogs bonkers so I try not to leave them. Plus they won't start til like 10 at night and I have to go to work the next morning.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

Fireworks + dogs = a long night of barking! :lol: Most will be in the crate room with the ac and a radio going to help dampen the noise from the fireworks.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

There was a year when we had them, I think it was 1998, we haven't had them since. People around here usually drive to McAllen, TX, about an hour drive, or South Padre Island, about 3 1/2 hour drive.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

My town does, but have never been. Since the move G goes to NC in the Summers, and like I mentioned in another post, Shawn doesn't do crowds, and I don't like to sweat....lol. We can actually see them from my roof top though!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage

Return to “Question of the Day”