WED 11/25 GALLERY LIFT

Join us all month long in November as we challenge you to complete your own layouts about coming together ...with a Peanuts twist!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

WED 11/25 GALLERY LIFT

Post by sthom97093 »

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Today is historically the busiest travel day of the year. As a result, I was inspired by this picture of the Peanuts gang reenacting the Beatles famous "Abbey Road" album cover. Specifically, I was inspired by the Peanut's character Linus, Charlie Brown's deep thinking, blanket loving, thumb sucking friend.

In addition, today is Gallery Lift day. To pull my project together, I "lifted" a project by the incredibly talented Lolis who created this layout in June 2020. I am always inspired by her projects, namely her ability to use a variety of papers of all different patterns and colors to accent her pictures. This particular layout caught my eye, and I thought it would be perfect to recreate for my project.

For my project, I featured a picture of my girls heading to a "gathering" of neighborhood kids at the bus stop on the first day of school. Our bus stop was the social hub of all kids of all age levels in my cul-de-sac for many years. My blanket loving/thumb sucking/Linus like youngest daughter would tag along with her big sister every morning sporting her tiny little backpack even though she was too young for school at the time. Everyone at the bus stop was always so happy to see my "Abbey" crossing the "Road" to hang with them while they waited for the bus. That is how my Abbey Road/Peanuts inspired layout was born. I used a variety of patterned papers from Bella Blvd (like Lolis did in her project) to pull my project together.

YOUR CHALLENGE: Create a project that uses Lolis's page design featuring transportation. Transportation on a project or card could include a road (like I featured), a car, a trip on an airplane, a bicycle...Your transportation can be featured in a picture, the paper, an embellishment...The possibilities are endless!

A new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, and Friday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Re: WED 11/25 GALLERY LIFT

Post by tammyfolk »

What a great layout to lift - Congratulations Lolis . . . and super cute take on her layout Stephanie!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

It's a great one to lift and wonderful example too!
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Great layout to lift and I love your take on it Stephanie!
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Wonderful challenge! and always a treat to see Lolis layouts!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Awww! Thank you! I’m honored! Love your take, and what a wonderful challenge!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

love the inspirational page by Lolis and your lift, Stephanie
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Thank you everyone for your kind words! And thank you to Lolis who inspired this project's design. :)
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

I searched and searched through my pics and had nothing for transportation ....so I had to improvise....lol.
I used Santa's sleigh for my mode of transportation!

Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Wendy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:45 am I searched and searched through my pics and had nothing for transportation ....so I had to improvise....lol.
I used Santa's sleigh for my mode of transportation!

That is a good one! I'll take Santa's sleigh especially packed with presents! Great take!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “November 2020 - Let's Gather Together, Snoopy Style”