NOV 16 LET'S GATHER SKETCH CHALLENGE

Join us all month long in November as we challenge you to complete your own layouts about coming together ...with a Peanuts twist!
sthom97093
Challenge Team

NOV 16 LET'S GATHER SKETCH CHALLENGE

Post by sthom97093 »

November brings so many events and opportunities for us to gather — Thanksgiving, football games, parties, and parades. When we imagine “gathering together,” The Peanuts Gang immediately comes to mind. Join us all month long as we challenge you to complete your own layouts about coming together ...with a Peanuts twist!

My character is Charlie Brown's perpetually messy friend Pigpen. Even when it's raining, Pigpen can't seem to lose the cloud of dust that follows him. No matter what, he is a mess, and Charlie Brown and his friends accept him as he is.

So for my challenge, in honor of Pigpen and his participation in the soccer game cartoon cell seen above, I decided to feature pictures of my daughter and her crazy hair while playing soccer. I love all the different directions her pony tail is going in this soccer "gathering." To pull this project together, I also used the following sketch by Laura Creates from Sketches in Thyme as my Monday sketch challenge.

A new Blue Plate Special challenge will be posted every Monday (sketch), Wednesday, and Friday. All participants have until the 3rd of the following month to complete and post their creations.

Prize will be a $20 Gift Certificate to their favorite online store (random drawing).....

Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: NOV 16 LET'S GATHER SKETCH CHALLENGE

Post by Deanna13 »

Great sketch and I just love your example with the 'soccer hair'! I think we've gotten some with DGD Lucy's hair like that. :D
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Great sketch and love your take on it! Those pics of her hair are funny!
Ural
Station Chef

Post by Ural »

one of my granddaughters and a friend.
ImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Ural wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:11 pm Image

one of my granddaughters and a friend.
What lovely pictures to use for this sketch. Love it!
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Post by Deanna13 »

Here's my take on the sketch!

Volleyball
Photos of sweet granddaughter Lucy first playing Volleyball with her Jr. High Team, October 2020. Sadly we weren't allowed to go to any of her games, but thankfully her Momma took photos and videos for us.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I won this Mister collection pack, my minds eye at the Teresa Collins event. It has a lot of dog images and I didn't think I would use it, but it came in handy for this challenge so I broke into it!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Tamara wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:35 pm I won this Mister collection pack, my minds eye at the Teresa Collins event. It has a lot of dog images and I didn't think I would use it, but it came in handy for this challenge so I broke into it!

I love both of your takes on the sketch. :) My oldest played volleyball; I really enjoyed watching volleyball. Miss it... And I often dip into themed paper packs for projects too. Sometimes the papers they have in kits are perfect for other kinds of layouts. A way to lessen the stash, that is for sure!
Wendy
Sous Chef

Post by Wendy »

One of our favorite outings as a family.

phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

these are great.
Mine is from when the kids were little and we went to the Fair
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “November 2020 - Let's Gather Together, Snoopy Style”