Tuesday Oct. 3rd. Happy fall ! What's up today?

SusieQ
Sous Chef

Tuesday Oct. 3rd. Happy fall ! What's up today?

Post by SusieQ »

For me it's an hour and a half trip to Syracuse for Dylan to get his feeding button changed, hoping they approve me changing it from now on.

This appt. Was suppose to be friday. I am thrilled they changed it since Friday is my uncles funeral. I am sure hoping October is better than Aug and Sept were.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Tuesday Oct. 3rd. Happy fall ! What's up today?

Post by Jan Mosier »

Hoping so too, Susie.

It's baking day for me. I have a couple of bananas that are getting ripe and I want to make banana carob biscotti for the dogs.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

I am sitting here is frustration and tears. My son's phone bill was past due so I went on line and tried to pay it so when he finally gets cell power again he can call us. Problem is the ID and password that I have used in the pass wouldn't work. I contacted customer service and they kept telling me that I needed his ID # in order for them to reset it. I explained he is in Puerto Rico with no service and they asked if he could email it to me...what part of no service was not clear. Then it was could he borrow someone's phone to call me. Again NO SERVICE! Then, could you call someone that is with him. I explained that I don't know where he is because there is no service and I have no idea if his food truck or house are still there...it was at that point I started crying. It was not the poor guys fault he was following policy. It just frustrates me that we have so many jerks out there that make all of the security necessary because of id theft and their lying cheating corrupted lives! Thanks for letting me vent!!!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Patti, I'm so sorry about your experience with the phone company today. That must have been so frustrating for you. I know I would have been out of my mind. And I agree, it's a shame that the greed and corruption out there. Praying that more aid (in the form of money, food, personnel and equipment to reinstate utilities and services, and so much more, will get to Puerto Rico soon. And I'm praying for your son, too.

Our house has been pretty subdued today. Mike. Mom and I are all missing our dog, Coco. I think the cats also know she has gone and isn't coming back. In the next few days, I'm sure I will gather a few photos and do a layout or min album or something to chronicle Coco's life.
Patti
Site Admin

Post by Patti »

Thank you, Barb. Things are much better on Vieques this week. There is an excellent site called Vieques Love that gives really good updates and is so positive compared to the news media on how they have been proactive in helping themselves plus the aid that has been coming in.
this morning they turned our power off and I heard my neighbors outside complaining that they wouldn't have internet all day. I thought of my son who has been without it for 14 days now and it brought it a little closer to home.
I'm sorry about Coco. It's so hard to lose a pet who has been a family member for so long.
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
BarbP
Sous Chef

Post by BarbP »

Thank you, Patti. We miss Coco very much, but we can take solace in the fact that she had a loving home and a good life with us.

I'm glad there is positive information coming from your son's area. Yes, we do get attached to our modern comforts and it's tough to lose them even for a few hours or a day, much less for weeks on end. Hopefully communication will be restored soon.
SusieQ
Sous Chef

Post by SusieQ »

Aww Patti my heart goes out to you and my prayers
Patti wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:10 pm I am sitting here is frustration and tears. My son's phone bill was past due so I went on line and tried to pay it so when he finally gets cell power again he can call us. Problem is the ID and password that I have used in the pass wouldn't work. I contacted customer service and they kept telling me that I needed his ID # in order for them to reset it. I explained he is in Puerto Rico with no service and they asked if he could email it to me...what part of no service was not clear. Then it was could he borrow someone's phone to call me. Again NO SERVICE! Then, could you call someone that is with him. I explained that I don't know where he is because there is no service and I have no idea if his food truck or house are still there...it was at that point I started crying. It was not the poor guys fault he was following policy. It just frustrates me that we have so many jerks out there that make all of the security necessary because of id theft and their lying cheating corrupted lives! Thanks for letting me vent!!!

Return to “Daily Chatter”