Road trip traveling

Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Road trip traveling

Post by Jan Mosier »

Patti wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:58 pm So here is what Sparky and I have done. We left Sunday afternoon and drove through the mountains of NC, TN, VA, and KY. We stopped at a park for a walk in Hazard, KY. Our trip has consisted of back roads and highways that were there before the Interstates. Saw some of the most beautiful scenery ever! We stopped at Buc-ees in Richmond, KY for some food and then continued on to a rest stop for a nap. At 4 am this morning we had a little thunderstorm so we started out early and went to Brown County State Park in IN and hiked around a lake. Sparky took a dip to cool off. I have a cooler full of drinks and a bag of snacks so all gas is pump only and at the parks he goes in with me for potty breaks. At rest stops he lets me run in and go first and then we walk a lot. The rest stop in IL had a huge pond so in addition to the lake he also got a pond today. Right now we are at a Holiday Inn Express so I can take a shower and get some sleep and Sparky is reclining on the bed with me. He has such a hard life. Tomorrow we will hit our first destination where h e will get to see his kids (the grands) and be loved on for a couple of days and then on to the funeral and heading home. We have decided that our trip home is going to be to start at the very beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway in TN and take it all the way home with stops at fun places and hikes along the way. I have wanted to drive the entire length of the the Blue Ridge from TN to VA so this way I will get half of it done and do the next half another day. I live kind of in the middle of it. So that's our big adventure!
Sounds like you and Sparky are having a grand adventure! Have fun and take lots of photos.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Road trip traveling

Post by Tracy F »

Patti wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:58 pm So here is what Sparky and I have done. We left Sunday afternoon and drove through the mountains of NC, TN, VA, and KY. We stopped at a park for a walk in Hazard, KY. Our trip has consisted of back roads and highways that were there before the Interstates. Saw some of the most beautiful scenery ever! We stopped at Buc-ees in Richmond, KY for some food and then continued on to a rest stop for a nap. At 4 am this morning we had a little thunderstorm so we started out early and went to Brown County State Park in IN and hiked around a lake. Sparky took a dip to cool off. I have a cooler full of drinks and a bag of snacks so all gas is pump only and at the parks he goes in with me for potty breaks. At rest stops he lets me run in and go first and then we walk a lot. The rest stop in IL had a huge pond so in addition to the lake he also got a pond today. Right now we are at a Holiday Inn Express so I can take a shower and get some sleep and Sparky is reclining on the bed with me. He has such a hard life. Tomorrow we will hit our first destination where h e will get to see his kids (the grands) and be loved on for a couple of days and then on to the funeral and heading home. We have decided that our trip home is going to be to start at the very beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway in TN and take it all the way home with stops at fun places and hikes along the way. I have wanted to drive the entire length of the the Blue Ridge from TN to VA so this way I will get half of it done and do the next half another day. I live kind of in the middle of it. So that's our big adventure!
Sounds like a great trip!

Return to “Daily Chatter”