National Proposal Day - 3/20

Tracy F
Challenge Team

National Proposal Day - 3/20

Post by Tracy F »

On March 20th, the days and nights balance, and National Proposal Day offers an equal opportunity for a marriage proposal. For many, this is the day they’ve been waiting patiently to arrive without success. Others will pop the question suddenly.

Observed on both the Vernal and Autumnal Equinoxes, this day of proposal making is an opportunity to let the loved one in your life know you are open to a marriage proposal. Where subtle hints have not worked, a more direct approach may be required.

HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL PROPOSAL DAY
If you’ve identified your one true love and are seeking a marriage proposal, pop the question!
Drop some hints if you prefer to be the one asked. Try these:
Show your love pictures of your friend’s new engagement ring.
Pick up the latest bridal magazine and leave it lying around.
Visit your favorite bakery, and while there, ask what their most popular wedding cake flavors are.
Ask your love whether they want a big wedding or prefer to elope.
Drive by churches on a Saturday afternoon until you see a bridal party leaving and ask your love for their thoughts on the attire.
Go jewelry shopping.
Get caught singing Chapel of Love by The Dixie Cups.
When someone asks when you’re getting married, look to your love to answer the question.
Use #NationalProposalDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL PROPOSAL DAY HISTORY
John Michael O’Loughlin created Proposal Day. For more information, visit https://www.proposalday.com.

Proposal FAQ
Q. Who’s responsible for making a marriage proposal?
A. These days, either party can pop the question. If you’ve found the love of your life, why wait. Ask!

Q. What is the longest marriage on record?
A. According to Guinness World Records, the trophy for longest marriage goes to Herbert and Zelmyra Fisher of Bern, North Carolina. They were married on May 13, 1924, and the marriage lasted 86 years, 290 days. Herbert passed away on February 27, 2011. He lived to 104 years old. Zelmyra died two years later living to 105 years old.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: National Proposal Day - 3/20

Post by phillisw »

ah, what a cool day to celebrate. I wonder how many people even know about this day :lol:
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh man I want to live to 105!! Thats amazing! Such a sweet couple to get to share their life for so long. 86 years I have never even heard of.
With tic tock and other social media we get to see proposals all the time. I love seeing creative proposals. But who knew there was a national day for it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I would like to live to be a hundred also. As for as getting married after being a widow for the past 4 years, probably not. I'm happy with my life right now.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3

Return to “Daily Chatter”