National Day 2-8-23

Lolis
Challenge Team

National Day 2-8-23

Post by Lolis »

It’s Wednesday, we’re half way through the week. Today is Laugh and Get Rich Day, Molasses Bar Day, National Boy Scout Day, National Kite Flying Day, and Propose Day. Let's Celebrate!

I'm choosing National Kite-Flying Day.
Get set to feel the wind in your face, the line in your hand, and the liberating feeling one gets when flying a kite. It’s National Kite-Flying Day after all. On February 8 simply grab a kite and some string to get started. Then, find an open field, start running, and hope for the best.

Longing for simpler times? Put down that phone! Kite-flying takes you back to another era.

When was the last time you flew a kite? Are you having Kite flying weather in your area?

Some suggestions to celebrate Kite-Flying Day today if you are not having kite flying weather:

1. Add some kite embellies to scrapbook pages.
2. Make some kite embellies to use on scrapbook pages or cards.
3. Create some pages using pictures of kite-flying moments.
3.Watch "Mary Poppins." The song "Let's Go Fly a Kite" comes at the end of the film when George Banks discovers what's really important in life.

Whatever you choose to do to celebrate, today is a day to let your spirit soar - it's National Kite Flying Day! Have fun and enjoy your day!
Last edited by Lolis on Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: National Day 2-8-23

Post by Lolis »

The last time I flew a kite was when my boys were little, it really brings back memories. I also used to fly kites with my brother and sisters and my mom and dad. Today we are having wet weather and it's cold, not kite-flying weather at all!
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I can't remember the last time I flew a kit.....I'm sure it was when Kyle was a tot.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Where we lived there was overhead power lines so we had to be careful not to get them tangled in them . We didn’t always have much luck keeping them airborne. It was still fun!! There just wasn’t always enough wind.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

* edited to correct
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

I have not flown a kit in almost 10 years when my kids were younger
My son was in Boy Scouts and I did participate in that for years. I was a Cub Scout leader. I slept in a tent outside in many camp outs. I’m glad that part is over. Outhouse are not fun. ;)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

phillisw wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:12 pm I have not flown a kit in almost 10 years when my kids were younger
My son was in Boy Scouts and I did participate in that for years. I was a Cub Scout leader. I slept in a tent outside in many camp outs. I’m glad that part is over. Outhouse are not fun. ;)
Our boys were also Boy Scouts, but whenever we camped out, it was in style. :D We only camped out in parks with full functional bathrooms. My husband would laugh at how we were really roughing it! :lol: :lol:
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

It's been years since I've flown a kite. When I lived in Saudi Arabia and the US Navy came into port, some of the sailors always came to our school and handed out kites to all the kids. We all got to go outside and fly them with the sailors.
Thanks for bringing back that fun memory, Lolis!
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

Last time was with my grandparents probably 25 years or longer

Return to “Daily Chatter”