Sunday, January 15 National Day

phillisw
Challenge Team

Sunday, January 15 National Day

Post by phillisw »

As they learn to read and explore the world of learning, elementary age kids can be fun and delightful. And teachers of children this age need to do lots of creative work to get their students interested in learning.

Elementary School Teacher Day is a time to pay special attention to the teachers of these young students as they work to lay an educational foundation for the way these students will function in the future!

History of Elementary School Teacher Day
Education in a child’s early years is a critical part of preparing them for the future in their own lives, for their communities and for the greater benefit of making the world a better place. Learning how to read, appreciate books and literature, do mathematics, and get connected with the world through history and social studies, elementary school students have a lot on their plates. And elementary school teachers have a very big job!

Elementary schools have been around in the United States for more than a century. Although education in the early days of the settlement of the country was a bit difficult and often done at home, by the year 1918 all children in the US were required to at least attend elementary school, and some were required to go on to high school at that time as well.

The ages of the students in elementary schools can vary based on the particular local school district. Children from 1st to 4th grade are usually considered part of elementary school, but the cutoff can go as far up as eighth grade.

While the general day for teachers of children of all ages, National Teacher Day, falls in the month of May, this day is specifically meant to celebrate those who teach the younger crowd of student – those in elementary school.

Now is the time to learn about and get involved with celebrating Elementary School Teacher Day!

How to Celebrate Elementary School Teacher Day
Make sure those elementary school teachers know how much they are needed and appreciated by celebrating Elementary School Teacher Day with some of these ideas:

Show Appreciation to Elementary School Teachers
Parents of children in elementary school can take a special time on this day to show their children’s teachers how much they are appreciated. This can be done through thank you cards, special gifts, or even presentations like songs or poems that are just for the teacher!

Contact a Former Elementary School Teacher
For those adults who had a favorite or impactful teacher during elementary or primary school, Elementary School Teacher Day might be a great time to reach out and contact them to say thank you. Pull out that old yearbook from those days to be reminded of which teachers were most important.

Perhaps some of those teachers are still teaching at the same school several years later, or maybe they can be found through social media channels. Reach out to that special teacher and let them know what an important part of your life and education they were. It’s likely that they would really love to catch up and hear about how their former student’s life turned out!

It is also World Snow Day and National fresh squeezed juice day! I just had to choose the Elementary School Teacher Day since that was my job.............for many years. I've taught Pre-K, first grade, High school and middle school librarian, and elementary librarian. I have loved it al..................but elementary kids can be the best ;)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Re: Sunday, January 15 National Day

Post by Tracy F »

My stepdaughter teaches Kindergarten for special needs kids. She has so much patience with these kids that parents request her class for their kids and the city puts the most difficult kids in her class. Some of the stories she tells are just unbelievable. I don't know how she does it. I have so much more respect for elementary teachers than I used to.
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

I love my years of teaching elementary school and pre-k. I followed my oldest son to middle school, then I stayed for Jerry. After the boys moved to high school, I just stayed in middle school.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

I loved all my elementary school teachers!
And I love snow too!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”