12/6/22 National Day

Lolis
Challenge Team

12/6/22 National Day

Post by Lolis »

Today is… National Microwave Oven Day!

The microwave oven cooks more than popcorn! Use this celebration to explore the many uses of the microwave oven. Let’s share some ideas to try on the microwave!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Re: 12/6/22 National Day

Post by Lolis »

Here are some of the most dangerous recipes in the world! You’ll be eating cake on 5 minutes!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

ah, I have made mug cakes. Yes, they are soooo yummy. But better than eating 2 or 3 pieces of cake; which I would do if I had a whole cake.
My dil does not have or want to use a microwave. She is concerned about the "micro waves"
I cook my fresh squash in the microwave. Just poke it in a few places and then pop it in. After about 10 minutes I take it out and can split it in half and then scoop out the seeds and put half back into the microwave to finish cooking it. we have it for dinner while the other half is finishing cooking.
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

phillisw wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:28 am ah, I have made mug cakes. Yes, they are soooo yummy. But better than eating 2 or 3 pieces of cake; which I would do if I had a whole cake.
My dil does not have or want to use a microwave. She is concerned about the "micro waves"
I cook my fresh squash in the microwave. Just poke it in a few places and then pop it in. After about 10 minutes I take it out and can split it in half and then scoop out the seeds and put half back into the microwave to finish cooking it. we have it for dinner while the other half is finishing cooking.
Phillis that sounds so yummy! I must try it, but I would add cinnamon and sugar, well, sugar substitute.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Phillis I cook my squash in it too. I also do a meatball recipe I got in a cooking class I took years and years ago with my mom. They cook literally in five minutes or less depending on the size you make. serve with rice and you have a quick meal. I use my microwave every single day! I defrost my frozen fruit just a tad, I cook vegetables every night and reheat quite often too.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

I use my microwave a lot. I heat frozen veggies, defrost meat, reheat leftovers and make 3-2-1 cake. And I love it for cooking squash.

3-2-1 cake recipe
1 box Angel Food Cake mix
1 box of your choice different flavor cake mix ( I use devils food)

Mix both cake mixes together
Mix together 3 TBS of cake mix and 2 TBS water in a mug or bowl and microwave for 1 minute.
You can eat it plain or add frosting or toppings.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

these are all good microwave ideas
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

I bake my potatoes in the microwave
And, of course, I heat my soup in the microwave

Like Tracy, I’ve made a full blown cake in the microwave in a Pampered Chef bowl

Return to “Daily Chatter”