vacations

phillisw
Challenge Team

vacations

Post by phillisw »

Do you go on vacations often? Before or since COVID?
I love taking mini vacations. we always took our kids on a 3 night vacation within driving distance each summer. We did fly to Florida to go to Disney and to Colorado, where my sister lives, a couple times each. Now that our kids are living on their own hubby and I still go on mini vacations and to Florida in the winter for about 6 weeks (to be away from our frigid North Country New York)
Since COVID we did go on our cruise to Hawaii (that had been postponed twice)
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
Challenge Team

Re: vacations

Post by Deanna13 »

We love traveling!! When the kids were growing up we often took them to Amusement Parks (living in Ohio, there are several), Myrtle Beach, Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, Disney World.

DH and I spent 3 months in Florida last Fall. It was nice to get away for that long. Now, we often go to Punta Cana, Mexico, and take Cruises to the Caribbean. Always thinking of getting away the next time.
ImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

When I was working we went 2-4 times a year. I often teased that its what kept us going to work everyday knowing that in two months we were off somewhere. While we built the cabin every weekend was going there to meet the year deadline that the bank gave us. Once it was finished we went to the Dominican Republic as a reward for working so hard. During Covid we did several one day road trips to different places, packed a lunch and stayed outdoors. Since Covid we have only been on one trip to Cour de lane Idaho. We had to cancel this years trip due to a couple of big expense house ticket items that came up. In two weeks we are headed to Southern Utah where his brothers are all meeting us for dinner. IT is the halfway point between the two of us here to the other two in Arizona. I'm sure after DH knee replacement we will start planning more road trips.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We travel about 3 times a year. Of course one trip is just to Disney which is only an hour away when the kids come down. We also take a trip to the Jersey shore every summer and then we always go somewhere up north in the fall. This year we're going to the Smokey Mountains. I would love to travel overseas but dh isn't really interested for some reason. Every time I suggest it he says we should see more of our own country. I've been to most of Europe but I would like to go back again.
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

I haven't had a "real" vacation in years and have never had a desire to travel outside of the U.S. I consider myself a bit of a homebody. I'm content right here in my little house with my animals, a craft room and my only child living next door. :D
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

DH and I have gone on several, but for right now we are just enjoying being at home. It seems like we go through cycles - go a lot or don’t go much LOL

Return to “Daily Chatter”