Wednesday, May 18

phillisw
Challenge Team

Wednesday, May 18

Post by phillisw »

Good Morning. HaPpY HuMp DaY! what are your plans for today? I am working at the hot dog stand and will scrap later
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Re: Wednesday, May 18

Post by Jan Mosier »

Mowing grass and clearing the lot behind Kyle's house today. My neighbor brought his backhoe down over the weekend and pulled up all the stumps. Now we just need to get them all in a pile and burn them before we can level the lot. We are slowly making progress.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Happy Wednesday! 1/2 day at school since I’m taking leave to go with my hubby to a dr’s appointment.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Oh my goodness I haven’t had time to catch my breath all day!
Lolis how is your husband doing?
Jan That’s a lot of he-man power work you’re doing!
Phillis have fun at the hotdog stand
I was so excited we were going to the cemetery to take the flowers that we had in our yard but didn’t expect it to cost us a fortune. Lol the guy on the golf cart came by to see how we were doing and then wanted to know how we were related to the people at the graves we were putting flowers on. And as soon as I said my mom and sister-in-law she said you must be Diana‘s sister. True story when my mom passed away my sister works for the company that owns the cemeteries and they gave our family 50% off to buy our plots all in the same place. Then we all pitched in money for a granite bench with the Carroll name on it to sit under the tree by the family plot. Well our plots were paid for 10 years ago and we kept thinking that we should get the vaults next but always put it off. Well they just happen to be having a discount until memorial day and we don’t want to dump all the expenses on our children so this was something that we were interested in. Just not planning on diving into that today. So we put half down and the rest will be over 36 months at a low payment.
Then we decided to stop for lunch and get gas and after we came home we started to finish the yardwork from the tree branches from yesterday we have to cut the branches all down and fit them in the garbage can. And then I came in the house and made bread. Tonight we have a concert of our grandson. It is the second to the last one before he graduates next Wednesday so we don’t want to miss it. But I think we will be tired and just want to rest when they start to play the beautiful music🤣
Probably no time for me to scrapbook today.
Making chicken broccoli casserole for dinner. Happy Wednesday!!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Tamara I'm seriously exhausted just reading all of that. . . .

I'm home from work now, and just ordered pizza for G and I. Shawn is over at his moms and dads visiting as his sister and brother in law are visiting from Arizona. . .I'm too tired from work and just wanted to relax this evening so I declined the invitation. . .

I'm sure everyone knows how short staffed my office has been and how I'm just over some of the situations / drama going on there . . . well last month I interviewed for another job and I was told that they were going to offer me the position. . . now I just need to wait for the official offer to come through. I'll be doing the very exact same job except I'll be in another specialty office, and no longer in Behavioral Health. Maybe once I make the move my blood pressure will go back down, and I won't need the medication any longer. Nurse visit this coming Friday to check my blood pressure! I've been taking it at home daily so I know the medication is working . . .

G started his summer class on Monday. . .some type of Micro economics class he needs. . . now that he's decided he wants to teach history they're trying to cram all the courses they can in for him, but he'll still have to do a fifth year as he's going to have to do student teaching as part of his requirements. . .

Not sure what the remainder of my week entails. . . I'll keep you posted!

Jan - how's the yard work coming along? I seem to recall that you "don't like to sweat" . . . . :lol:
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

We had a busy day today. Dh had an early appt with his audiologist. I just wait in the car, reading my book and he took forever today. All he needed was to get loaner hearing aids as one of his wasn't working. After an hour wait, we went out for breakfast and then headed to Hobby Lobby, Lowes, Home Depot, At Home and Bath & Body Works. I'm so looking forward to bed tonight!
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

tammyfolk wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 5:35 pm Tamara I'm seriously exhausted just reading all of that. . . .

I'm home from work now, and just ordered pizza for G and I. Shawn is over at his moms and dads visiting as his sister and brother in law are visiting from Arizona. . .I'm too tired from work and just wanted to relax this evening so I declined the invitation. . .

I'm sure everyone knows how short staffed my office has been and how I'm just over some of the situations / drama going on there . . . well last month I interviewed for another job and I was told that they were going to offer me the position. . . now I just need to wait for the official offer to come through. I'll be doing the very exact same job except I'll be in another specialty office, and no longer in Behavioral Health. Maybe once I make the move my blood pressure will go back down, and I won't need the medication any longer. Nurse visit this coming Friday to check my blood pressure! I've been taking it at home daily so I know the medication is working . . .

G started his summer class on Monday. . .some type of Micro economics class he needs. . . now that he's decided he wants to teach history they're trying to cram all the courses they can in for him, but he'll still have to do a fifth year as he's going to have to do student teaching as part of his requirements. . .

Not sure what the remainder of my week entails. . . I'll keep you posted!

Jan - how's the yard work coming along? I seem to recall that you "don't like to sweat" . . . . :lol:

Hope the new job offer comes soon! I just love that your son wants to teach history! I love being a teacher, my favorite subject was and always will be math, but I love teaching history so much, l could even say it’s my favorite subject to teach! It is good that he already knows what he wants to do.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”