Sunday Jan 23, 2022

Tamara
Challenge Team

Sunday Jan 23, 2022

Post by Tamara »

Good Morning good people!!
How is your Sunday going?

Virtual church for me today. My Dad got released from the hospital yesterday but does require 24/7 care. I went to his house to help pack his clothes and blankets , etc to move him to my sisters house which is much closer to me. Yea! My brother got him shave and showered which was no easy task. He carefully explained to my Dad that he was going to be at Cynthias until he could get a bed in his basement for him to come to his house. He is much more familiar with my brother since he eats there and spends three hours a day with them since they were only two blocks away. My Dad still isn't eating much and was dizzy with not much energy. It all went well or so we thought until my other sister took him there. He ranted over and over again that he didn't want to be there and he had plenty of rooms at his house for someone to come home with him. He threated to take a taxi if they weren't going to take him back home. I told my sister to just concentrate on things ne at a time Just tell him he is there for dinner. That worked and by the time it was bedtime he understood he was going to sleep there. I plan on going over every day this week since my sister works from home so she can do some work. Not sure how much scrapping I'll get done. He also has two doctor appts this week that I will be helping with.
You are a saint if you made it through this novel :mrgreen:
Today is our family dinner for the month.! Just keeping it simple and making haystacks. Also cherry cheesecake which they all love! Also Mr. Crew won jis grad spelling bee and then won the whole school the other day so I am making him a Congratulations tag to put on the King Size peanut butter cups Grandpa bought for me :D
Happy Sunday!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
phillisw
Challenge Team

Re: Sunday Jan 23, 2022

Post by phillisw »

Tamara. It will be a big change for your dad. I hope it all goes fairly smoothly. Hugs to you. You will be busy. Enjoy family dinner together
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Tamara, don't know if this will work for your dad but it did with my mom. When she wanted to do something or go somewhere I would just tell her we were planning on doing that later in the day. It was easier to agree with her and tell a little white lie to keep the peace.

It's another cold day here and we have a freeze warning for tonight. Have to go out and cover up some of our plants tonight. Just staying home today. Got a couple loads of laundry done this morning and planning on scrapping this afternoon. Dh will be screaming at the Bucs game soon so I'll go close myself in my scraproom and play some loud music to drown him out.
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Tracy F wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:48 pm Tamara, don't know if this will work for your dad but it did with my mom. When she wanted to do something or go somewhere I would just tell her we were planning on doing that later in the day. It was easier to agree with her and tell a little white lie to keep the peace.

It's another cold day here and we have a freeze warning for tonight. Have to go out and cover up some of our plants tonight. Just staying home today. Got a couple loads of laundry done this morning and planning on scrapping this afternoon. Dh will be screaming at the Bucs game soon so I'll go close myself in my scraproom and play some loud music to drown him out.
Tracy that is an excellent idea! Thanks so much!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lolis
Challenge Team

Post by Lolis »

Tamara wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:18 pm
Tracy that is an excellent idea! Thanks so much!
Hugs Tamara! Enjoy your family dinner!
Update on my hubby: We had to take him to the emergency room yesterday early in the morning, but he’s better today. We are so grateful to have our son Jerry home helping us!
Happy Sunday everyone!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sthom97093
Challenge Team

Post by sthom97093 »

Hi everyone. Tamara, I hope your Dad adjusts to his new surroundings. Lolis, hope your husband is ok.

I have gone nowhere this entire weekend. My younger daughter recovering from Covid, and has had rough late afternoon/evenings. She kept getting migraines around 4:00 that knocked her for a loop. So she and I have laid low this weekend. Did get all my grading done! And my grad class is now on Saturdays (I have mixed feelings about that), and got most of next week's reading done. It's a WWII class, so my husband and I watched "Midway" today since we just discussed that battle. It's a good, historically accurate movie.

Hope you all have a good week and all your loved ones are on the mend.
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Loilis. hope your hubby will be ok
Stephanie ah, your poor daughter. I hope the migraines stop
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”