Thankful & Grateful Surprise!!!

Tamara
Challenge Team

Thankful & Grateful Surprise!!!

Post by Tamara »

Has this ever happened to you before?

You know DH and I went to Flemings for Thanksgiving because our kids are at their inlaws. Well we were enjoying a nice meal, they didn't rush us, got to savor every bite. After dessert the waitress went to get our bill so we could check out. She comes back to our table without it and proceeds to tell us that David Douglas has covered our meal so we didn't owe anything. DH asks including the tip? she says yes. I am confused and asked is he here? He lives in Texas. She said no but that it was all covered. So David Douglas is my DH boss. I have never met him but that was SO SO NICE of him. DH said a couple of weeks ago he asked him what we were doing for Thanksgiving. DH told him it was our off year for hosting our kids so that we were going out. WOW!! I am not only grateful but amazed that he remembered. I told DH see they do appreciate you for all this extra work you are putting in!!
Happy Thanksgiving! IT was the best!! And I won't be hungry at dinnertime! :D
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Patti
Site Admin

Re: Thankful & Grateful Surprise!!!

Post by Patti »

Very cool!
Patti

ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
sdwhru
Executive Chef

Post by sdwhru »

That is great! And something to be thankful for :) and to know that they appreciate/thank your DH
Mauds papercraft
Challenge Team

Post by Mauds papercraft »

Tamara wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:42 pm Has this ever happened to you before?

You know DH and I went to Flemings for Thanksgiving because our kids are at their inlaws. Well we were enjoying a nice meal, they didn't rush us, got to savor every bite. After dessert the waitress went to get our bill so we could check out. She comes back to our table without it and proceeds to tell us that David Douglas has covered our meal so we didn't owe anything. DH asks including the tip? she says yes. I am confused and asked is he here? He lives in Texas. She said no but that it was all covered. So David Douglas is my DH boss. I have never met him but that was SO SO NICE of him. DH said a couple of weeks ago he asked him what we were doing for Thanksgiving. DH told him it was our off year for hosting our kids so that we were going out. WOW!! I am not only grateful but amazed that he remembered. I told DH see they do appreciate you for all this extra work you are putting in!!
Happy Thanksgiving! IT was the best!! And I won't be hungry at dinnertime! :D
A grateful boss (very nice surprise)
Jan Mosier
Challenge Team

Post by Jan Mosier »

That was so nice.

When we Jack and I first moved to El Paso, the neighbor behind us came over to introduce herself and invited us over to her house. She was very friendly, her husband not so much. Weeks or months later we went to a local restaurant for dinner, and who is there?...non other than our neighbor with her husband. She was quick to invite us over to sit with them but we gracefully declined and sat at a different table. When the bill came, our neighbor had paid for our dinner.
Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
2024 Layouts - 8
2024 Cards - 3
Tamara
Challenge Team

Post by Tamara »

Jan Mosier wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:21 am That was so nice.

When we Jack and I first moved to El Paso, the neighbor behind us came over to introduce herself and invited us over to her house. She was very friendly, her husband not so much. Weeks or months later we went to a local restaurant for dinner, and who is there?...non other than our neighbor with her husband. She was quick to invite us over to sit with them but we gracefully declined and sat at a different table. When the bill came, our neighbor had paid for our dinner.
That’s so cool. I can’t tell you how surprised we were
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
tammyfolk
Owner / Site Admin

Post by tammyfolk »

Wow that was a nice surprise Tamara - there truly are still good people in this world too!
Tammy Folk - Strawberries & Peppermints

Scrapbooking....is there really anything else?

ImageImageImage
Tracy F
Challenge Team

Post by Tracy F »

Oh, what a wonderful surprise for you both!
phillisw
Challenge Team

Post by phillisw »

Tamara and Jan. how nice
Phillis

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Daily Chatter”